Flowmaster 44 vs 50

Ashlander

Established Member
I've been thinking about switching to different mufflers. I'm running the Flowmaster 40s right now, but one of them has been rattling. Sounds like part of the baffle is loose or something. I like how they sound, but I'd like something with a deeper tone to it. I care more about the sound, then the loudness.

Both the 44s and the 50 are supposed to be a bit quieter and sound deeper then the 40s, but I cant find many videos of the 4V running the Flowmaster 50s, and most of the ones with the 44s are pretty crap quality.

Looking for opinions between the two. And if anyone is running either of them, some videos would be GREATLY appreciated.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
between me and my brother we had 3 sets of blowmasters blow baffles out even had one muffler blow a hole in the case. I went to Mac and really liked the sound they had. I wouldn't spend a penny on Flows again.

Recon

Established Member
I've had 40 series and currently have super 44's on my Impala. Sound wise the 40's were louder but not by much. Sound quality I'd rate them close. Car sounded damn good with both, but I like the 44's more.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

svt_cobra01

Established Member
ive had the 40's on a few stangs and with stock exhaust doesnt do them justice. if you run a offroad x or h you will not switch to the 44's or 50's. ive never had the 44's but they are slightly quieter than 40's and sound a little better. (less tinny sounding) stay away from 50's you will be dissapointed.

Ashlander

Established Member
between me and my brother we had 3 sets of blowmasters blow baffles out even had one muffler blow a hole in the case. I went to Mac and really liked the sound they had. I wouldn't spend a penny on Flows again.
I had a MAC Prochamber on one of my old 84 5.0s. I liked it, but it took them about 7 months to ship it to me.

ive had the 40's on a few stangs and with stock exhaust doesnt do them justice. if you run a offroad x or h you will not switch to the 44's or 50's. ive never had the 44's but they are slightly quieter than 40's and sound a little better. (less tinny sounding) stay away from 50's you will be dissapointed.
I've got BBK longtubes and catted H-pipe. 44s sound like what I'm looking for. Whats wrong with the 50s?

svt_cobra01

Established Member
I had a MAC Prochamber on one of my old 84 5.0s. I liked it, but it took them about 7 months to ship it to me.

I've got BBK longtubes and catted H-pipe. 44s sound like what I'm looking for. Whats wrong with the 50s?

ya im going 44's when i get the chance. nothing is wrong with 50's but they are really mellow mufflers amd are mainly on trucks. i believe they are 3 chamber and pretty tame. i guess if you dont want to make alot of nice they are ok.

Ashlander

Established Member
I dont necessarily need them to be quiet. I just want something with a nice deep sound, and that won't wake up the neighborhood when I get on it. Don't need people thinkin' I'm some sort of attention whore.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
You might like the 50s then. I had a single 50 on a 5.4 one a truck, it was too quiet for me. BUT, it was just a single out.

Users who are viewing this thread