Flowmaster on car-quiet!- help

Pmbrown

Established Member
Hoping somebody can help me discover why my exhaust is so quiet compared to videos etc I hear of even stock cobra's. I bought the car with an exhaust that's tagged as a flow master. Seems super quiet. My question is if flowmaster has a stock-like cat-back or something. im wanting to replace with a Bassani cat-back but holy cow, I'm hoping cat-backs can be louder than whatever I have! I attached a pic of the mufflers on my exhaust. They seem huge!! I've heard other flowmasters that sound much louder than mine so am slightly confused. Anyway hopefully the Bassani will wake it up a little.

Attachments

• IMG_3497.JPG
    IMG_3497.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 195

joker21705

Established Member
Hoping somebody can help me discover why my exhaust is so quiet compared to videos etc I hear of even stock cobra's. I bought the car with an exhaust that's tagged as a flow master. Seems super quiet. My question is if flowmaster has a stock-like cat-back or something. im wanting to replace with a Bassani cat-back but holy cow, I'm hoping cat-backs can be louder than whatever I have! I attached a pic of the mufflers on my exhaust. They seem huge!! I've heard other flowmasters that sound much louder than mine so am slightly confused. Anyway hopefully the Bassani will wake it up a little.
Is the rest of your exhaust stock?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pmbrown

Established Member
To my knowledge- Yes. Everything looks stock under there other than the Flow Master cat-back. The car sounds completely stock so I was shocked it had a Flow Master.

Pmbrown

Established Member
Interesting... hmm I wonder if the previous owner just welded on Flow Master Tips or something dumb like that. That would made sense to me!

Pmbrown

Established Member
Except it does say Flow Master all the way up to the Mufflers, so who knows. Maybe a flow master for a different year welded to fit or something. Super weird.

Recon

Established Member
Those aren't Flowmasters. Look at the pipe, why would there be two welds for a complete catback system? Someone has cut some mufflers off and welded those on.

Pmbrown

Established Member
Thanks for all the help everyone. I went ahead and ordered a Borla Stinger cat-back. I just didn't want to install another catback like i "supposedly" already had if it would be super quiet again. Pretty confident I'll like the Borla system

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks for all the help everyone. I went ahead and ordered a Borla Stinger cat-back. I just didn't want to install another catback like i "supposedly" already had if it would be super quiet again. Pretty confident I'll like the Borla system

The Borla will be loud and mean.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, the Stinger will be loud and mean. LOL. It's definitely one of the loudest out there. I think you'll be happy with it. So you're retaining the stock cats?

Pmbrown

Established Member
Thanks! For now I'm retaining the cats. The cars already plenty powerful for me, im going just for sound. Plus I don't wanna retune the vehicle and if I go no cats I'd want a tune. I know that's debatable but I'd stick on the safe side.

xKingCobra

Established Member
im running MAC LTS , an OR prochamber and Flowmasters. Do you guys know if a set ofBorla S-type MUFFLERs will make my exhaust sound like the stingers loudness and exhaust note included? So instead of purchasing the whole catback , just buy the 2 mufflers and weld them in.

cj428mach

Established Member
im running MAC LTS , an OR prochamber and Flowmasters. Do you guys know if a set ofBorla S-type MUFFLERs will make my exhaust sound like the stingers loudness and exhaust note included? So instead of purchasing the whole catback , just buy the 2 mufflers and weld them in.
I think the mufflers run over 300 for the pair, you can just buy a used stinger setup for not much more. I paid $350 for my Stinger catback.

xKingCobra

Established Member
I think the mufflers run over 300 for the pair, you can just buy a used stinger setup for not much more. I paid $350 for my Stinger catback.
you cant just buy a used stinger catback because they are not just readily available ? unless im missing something ?

Pmbrown

Established Member
They're definitely not readily available. I'm sure someone at some point in time got one for $350-$400 used but that definitely doesn't mean that's a normality.

I couldn't find anything used in a Borla Stinger.. I'm pretty sure it's a relatively sought after exhaust so when people install it they don't get rid of them.

Users who are viewing this thread