Fluidyne Aluminum 3 row radiator FHP30-05MU - any additional mods necessary?

Benson5oh

Established Member
Need some help here. My 2013 GT has an automatic transmission. I want to swap my current Ford Racing aluminum radiator with a Fluidyne Aluminum 3 row radiator. Reason is, the Ford Racing one started leaking recently and it's only 3 years old. Ford Racing does not warranty their parts. The Fluidyne is supposed to be a direct bolt on, however, I was looking at Brenspeed.com and they specify that I must use short bolts when mounting the transmission cooler to the radiator. In big bold letters is says, "DO NOT USE FACTORY TRANSMISSION COOLER MOUNTING BOLTS ON AN AUTO". The Fluidyne website mentions nothing about shorter bolts, it says its a direct bolt-on, as do other websites. I called Brenspeed and they say they no longer carry Fluidyne radiators. Keep in mind that a body shop installed my Ford Racing aluminum radiator, so I have no idea is they re-used the factory bolts or used shorter ones. Has anyone installed one of these on an automatic without any issues?

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Benson5oh,

I can't answer your question but I will suggest a call to Fluidyne. You'll get a definitive answer. Another option is to remove a bolt and compare the length to the stock bolt in the parts catalogue.

That's all I got, lol.

HTH,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread