Ford Diff Girdle cover or BF IRS Brace

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have the BF brace but if I did it again I would go with that Ford Racing diff cover for the simple reason that it has a drain plug. While it may not be as strong as the BF brace, I'm sure it's plenty strong for anything other than an all out drag car (in which case you'd have a solid axle anyway)

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Thanks.

I am not sure if I read the internet correctly, I saw a post within a forum where a guy was running the Ford Racing Girdle and the BF Brace together. Is this feasible?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I had the BF brace and currently have the FRPP cover. I prefer the cover. It has supports for the bearing caps. And it's pretty hefty. As for running them together I don't think so. The FRPP is thicker than the stock cover and I don't think there's enough clearance for both.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There have been a few threads over the years discussing this. Early on when the Terminator was launched, the Billetflow brace was very popular and sold well. But when the Ford Racing cover came on the scene there was a shift as it was recognized as being the better overall choice. The main reasons have already been pointed out above....the cap supports and drain plug.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
One advantage the brace has is that you do not have to disassemble the irs in order to install it. It's quick,easy, and cheap, but also very effective.

Aside from that however, an aftermarket cover is much superior for the reasons that have been mentioned. LPW also makes a good cover.

No, you can't use both together at the same time.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you're not going to pull the center section then go with the brace. Something is better than nothing IMO. But if the center section is going to be removed get a cover.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread