Fore fuel system upgrade

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
In preparation for the TVS2650, I took advantage of Beefcake Racing's holiday sales and went with a triple high pressure Walbro 465 LC2 system.
Kit is impressive with great packaging and instructions but has anyone here done this upgrade and if so, any tips?
Planning to run one pump full time and next 2 on Hobbs pressure switches, may have an override for all pumps on at track.
Upgraded to -10 feed -8 return.
Looking for 1000-1100rwhp on E85/C85.
Did not upgrade to their E sensor kit but plan to call Fore to discuss that deal.
Any advice appreciated
-J

RBB

Established Member
There's really not much to it. Remove the battery box and mount your fuse on the firewall there. Ran my wires through the passenger side fenderwell, there's a grommet there you can slit to go straight into the cabin. Regulator goes on drivers side, forward of the brake fluid reservoir and tap off the lower manifold for boost reference.

Tap the yellow/grey FPDM wire to trigger your first pump. You can mount the controller under the rear seats or in the trunk, whatever you want. Can't help you with the Hobbs switch as I'm just running dual 400s and they're both on full time.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
what did do for injectors? and which car is this for? u got so many lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks RBB.
Brett--'14 GT500. Currently running ID1300s and KB comp BAP on stock fuel system with Canton filter.
-J

MastaAce03

Established Member
I remember someone saying not to use the Hobbs switch from some reason. May have been BJ when he was with VMP. Don't remember the reason why unfortunately but would be something to look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBB

Established Member
I remember someone saying not to use the Hobbs switch from some reason. May have been BJ when he was with VMP. Don't remember the reason why unfortunately but would be something to look into.

What would your alternative be? Bad idea to run three of those 465s full time, Hobbs switch is the only way to go.

sleek98

Established Member
Personally I would run 2 pumps full time and kick the third on with the hobbs. You have a slightly higher chance of the motor living if the hobbs fails.

The install is not bad at all, hardest part is getting the fuel hat out.

RBB

Established Member
Personally I would run 2 pumps full time and kick the third on with the hobbs. You have a slightly higher chance of the motor living if the hobbs fails.

The install is not bad at all, hardest part is getting the fuel hat out.
Agreed on the install. I was really impressed with the Fore kit. Great quality and everything you need for a top notch install is included.

I would agree with sleek....you'd probably be fine running 2 465s full-time. It's overkill, but would provide you with a margin of error in case a pump went out. Shouldn't be an issue unless you're taking long cruises/trips with the car, and then heating up the fuel might become an issue. Since you're primarily just a drag/around town cruiser type of guy, though, you shouldn't have that problem.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is going to be bonkers when the 2650 goes on (as if it isnt now).

Following this thread for full return tips/info.

MastaAce03

Established Member

This advice was given on stock pumps. Disregard.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks fellas.
I'll try and get some pics when my brother installs it, he's not a picture guy so I hope I'm there.
-J

deepblue13

Established Member
I run all three of my pumps at key on, no Hobbs switch. I also do not drive my car that often.

Only tip is take your time...install is straight forward and pretty simple.

Last edited:

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
I have the Triple 465s and run 2 on 1 on a hobbs switch. The most tedious part for me was making the lines, I used loctite on the hose fittings when I created the line (not when I install the lines). Did you go with the PTFE? How about FC3? The FC3 makes it look really clean.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Triple 465s and run 2 on 1 on a hobbs switch. The most tedious part for me was making the lines, I used loctite on the hose fittings when I created the line (not when I install the lines). Did you go with the PTFE? How about FC3? The FC3 makes it look really clean.
Yes on PTFE and FC3
-J

Users who are viewing this thread