Front lip damage

b1ghead3d

Hello everyone,

I had a slight mishap the other day backing out and damaged my front lip on the passenger side, some gravel bent it downwards. I'm thinking a heatgun + jack to hold it in place might mold it back to shape.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips to get this back to shape? The mounts are all intact.

Thank you,

Attachments

• 20170608_110535.jpg
    20170608_110535.jpg
    949.3 KB · Views: 194

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That gap on the left side says it might have been pushed out a bit, and if that's the case you should look closer at the damage to see if there is anything else you will need to do. If that gap has been there all along and there's no other damage to the lip, you can certainly try your heat gun and jack idea. It's a long shot IMO, but heck, it costs you nothing to try. The alternative is probably a replacement front lip.

b1ghead3d

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it out tonight and let it sit for a few days. Hopefully it works. I don't really wanna drop ~500 for a new one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, they aren't cheap. Let us know how it works for you.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
That front lip is pretty flexible. If it wasn't stretched out of shape, the heat should help. Make sure the lip's attaching tabs weren't pulled out of place. Getting the lip lined up perfectly, will help the lip come back to it's original shape.

b1ghead3d

Still isn't perfect but it's night and day from what it was before. Still a slight hump to the left. (sorry for shitty phone pic)

I did this in about 30 minutes. Should have it all flush again this weekend. Just used a heatgun and a block of wood for pressure followed by a wet rag to cool it.

Attachments

• 20170608_183424.jpeg
    20170608_183424.jpeg
    922.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome! It's progressing better than I would have expected.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
You may get lucky and that little bump might disappear in a few days. It's hardly noticeable now. It's one of those things where no one knows it's there, but you. lol

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
You are doing good, I believe it will be almost perfect when you finish.

Users who are viewing this thread