FS 2013 GT Premium Track Pack - Red Candy / Central FL

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
For what it's worth, I just bought my 2011 California Special 'Vert about three months ago - one owner car with 78,000 miles, no accidents, not a dent, ding, scratch, or anything on it, and the interior still smells like it just rolled off the show room floor for $16,500, and for another $900 I get both the delicious front end of the 11-12, and then the tail lights and rear of the 13-14.

I sell luxury real estate for a living in Manhattan (yep, crazy guy with a car in Manhattan - it's purely a toy and I've put maybe 300 miles on it since I bought it). I tell my clients all the time, if something isn't selling there's only ever one of two reasons, an issue with the product, or the price. No issues with the product here for sure, sooooo...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kngcbra24

Established Member
Thanks for the input but like I said you purchased a vert 2011 for $16,500..verts are less desirable as are the pre-face lifted models.

Then you paid $900 for the same 2011 front end?? Nice job...

For what it's worth, I just bought my 2011 California Special 'Vert about three months ago - one owner car with 78,000 miles, no accidents, not a dent, ding, scratch, or anything on it, and the interior still smells like it just rolled off the show room floor for $16,500, and for another $900 I get both the delicious front end of the 11-12, and then the tail lights and rear of the 13-14.

I sell luxury real estate for a living in Manhattan (yep, crazy guy with a car in Manhattan - it's purely a toy and I've put maybe 300 miles on it since I bought it). I tell my clients all the time, if something isn't selling there's only ever one of two reasons, an issue with the product, or the price. No issues with the product here for sure, sooooo...

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
No, I paid $900 for the 13-14 tail lights to get the look of the rear end, and I love owning a vert, and I like the 11-12 front ends more.

It's all perception. The only thing that's talks is cash, everything else walks. You've got a gorgeous car, your price isn't so much.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I tell my sellers that all the time.

If you actually want to move something, you should always price at or just below market value.

I sold my '03 GT in a bidding war because it was an '03 Vert with 76,000 miles in amazing shape, and I was asking $5,500. Sold it for $6,250.

Just some food for thought...it's been for sale for like 6 months now. The market isn't what it used to be.

kngcbra24

Established Member
I agree. The problem is people are willing to pay $20k then never show up. I'd rather hold on to it for $18k its just not worth taking a hit at that point.

You're right though it's what people want... apparently they want a base keyed car with a blower for $21,500 rather than a clean premium for less. The money they dump into paint you could put another blower on this.

No, I paid $900 for the 13-14 tail lights to get the look of the rear end, and I love owning a vert, and I like the 11-12 front ends more.

It's all perception. The only thing that's talks is cash, everything else walks. You've got a gorgeous car, your price isn't so much.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I tell my sellers that all the time.

If you actually want to move something, you should always price at or just below market value.

I sold my '03 GT in a bidding war because it was an '03 Vert with 76,000 miles in amazing shape, and I was asking $5,500. Sold it for $6,250.

Just some food for thought...it's been for sale for like 6 months now. The market isn't what it used to be.

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
1,000,000% he said ^^^
Or if you have any skill as a trader you'd have even more.

Not to mention any maintenance or insurance costs in the meantime might have been about the same difference between $18k and 20k, and that's assuming you owned it outright and weren't accruing interest as well.

And while life and circumstances change - I get that more than most - if going down $2,000 is the end of the world, could you really have afforded a $20,000 car to begin with?

kngcbra24

Established Member
If you would've sold it for 18K a yr ago and put it in a good mutual fund you'd have 21k today. Just for a little different perspective

1,000,000% he said ^^^
Or if you have any skill as a trader you'd have even more.

Not to mention any maintenance or insurance costs in the meantime might have been about the same difference between $18k and 20k, and that's assuming you owned it outright and weren't accruing interest as well.

And while life and circumstances change - I get that more than most - if going down $2,000 is the end of the world, could you really have afforded a $20,000 car to begin with?

I owned a Charger for a short while and rolled negative equity in this not expecting to move to Austria. So with that being said I owe more than $25k and I am not willing to take a loss more than I want. SO like I said I will keep it until someone pays.

I find the problem is all the people who say they have $20k don't and then they tried to get approved and can't. I have had more offers above $19k than below which I'm am happy with but they can never get the funds together.

So yes I have the title in hand, I still owe due to the type of loan I took out to cover the car while I am overseas. So no money would have been made on the sale.

It's funny how people think they know your personal financial situations from a car for sale ad...

Michael DalSanto

Established Member
Any more questions I can help answer? You interested?
What I'm playing around with in my head is that I've got a black 2011 Mustang GT, 100000 miles, borla exhaust, cold air intake, but mostly stock. I bought it a couple months ago for $13,700. I clear title to it. Its possible that I overpaid, I don't really know. I like your car and upgrades on it and the lower miles, but I just don't know that I have more than 3 or $4,000 more than what my car would sell for to be able to give you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kngcbra24

Established Member
What I'm playing around with in my head is that I've got a black 2011 Mustang GT, 100000 miles, borla exhaust, cold air intake, but mostly stock. I bought it a couple months ago for $13,700. I clear title to it. Its possible that I overpaid, I don't really know. I like your car and upgrades on it and the lower miles, but I just don't know that I have more than 3 or $4,000 more than what my car would sell for to be able to give you

I hear you Mike. If you can get closer to $20k then you would be better off. I just was quoted a decent rate to ship to Austria. I need to check out the duty and custom fees now.

Michael DalSanto

Established Member
I hear you Mike. If you can get closer to $20k then you would be better off. I just was quoted a decent rate to ship to Austria. I need to check out the duty and custom fees now.
It would be a couple weeks before I could be liquid. If you can get 20k from Australia or anywhere you should do it. Unfortunately you seem to be plagued with disappearing offers.

Users who are viewing this thread