FTBR bushing advice

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
So I've had my 04 cobra now for about 7 months. I've done intake, full exhaust, 2.8 inch pulley and had it tuned yesterday. Today I am starting on the irs bushings. I have the FTBR 5001 kit and just got the irs out of the car. Does anyone who's installed this kit have any advice to make things go a little smoother before I go ahead and dive in? Currently just taking a break and gonna head out to pick up a couple things. If I have more time today I'll go ahead and get started. If not I'll be back at it tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Get yourself a couple dozen small parts bags with label tags. It will go back together much easier.
001%202_zpso6o9up3h.jpg

Black2010

Established Member
Pretty straight forward work, just time consuming and labor intensive. Labeling helps but I find that if I work in sections it helps me out a lot. If a bolt will go back in it's place without being in the way then I always put the bolts back in their home positions while working on the car.

Be prepared for some fun removing the bushings. Outside of that, it's not bad at all.

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
Never updatted, but I did finish up the job saturday night. Took the car out for a spin. I didn't get to drive it enough to measure a huge difference. I did notice it felt a little more solid, but my alignment is now off so I'll be buying some other small suspension bits before I get the car aligned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread