Fuel system install question - existing lines?

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
For those who have installed a new fuel system with new lines and return line what did you do with the existing line? Did you remove it or leave it in place? Just finishing up my new line routing tonight, all cut to length and installed, just need to button up and mount with hose supports.

I dont really want to butcher everything but leaving it in place seems like a bad idea.

I just installed the fore innovations fuel system with FC3 controller, -8AN stainless braided teflon hose, fore F1i fuel pressure regulator flowing through to the stock fuel rail, dual walbro 465s with a boost switch. Waiting on a billet vacuum block to install the regulator vacuum line, pressure switch and my boost gauge to. Pretty excited to see what E85 feels like with boost and get back to the track (even with my 93 tune).

ryan03svt

Established Member
I left all the stock fuel lines in place. They aren't really in the way and no one looks under my car, only I know they're there. I have the same fuel system as you, been working great for 2 years.

Gruca

Established Member
I took mine out and was able to do so through the drivers side wheel well without damaging anything. It was very easy, took all of two extra minutes once I had everything apart for my install.

clinton2003

Established Member
i cut it all out.... never planned on putting it back to stock anyway. Just depends on what you may do in the future.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Anyone have any issues with fuel appearing on rear hatch? Seems like from existing lines just sloshing around when i first drove it. Dont think its from the reseal on the tank, definitely not on the new fuel lines they are dry.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread