Full tilt Boogie racing IRS bushing review!!!

quad

Established Member
This is the reason that I like to refer to verts as "Special Needs Vehicles" in the FAQ on our site:

FTBR FAQ's

Not only is the bushing kit very important, there are more factors that go into the equation for vert owners.

A good quality FLSFC is CRITICAL in these cars as are springs and shocks. Vert springs (and shocks for that matter) are some of the worst offenders. The best suspension in the world simply can't function properly if the platform is floppy and the springs and shocks are not doing their part of the job.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:
Bruce, I had your FTBR Full kit installed by Lidio late last year. Really looking forward to seeing how it handles once the salt is gone from the roads.

Question: How often should we grease the fittings? Once a year?

Thanks!

Quad

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Question: How often should we grease the fittings? Once a year?

Thanks!

Quad

Although once a year 'should' be fine for almost anyone, I'd actually like to see them done twice a year unless the car sits in storage for 6 months in Winter. Then I would say once a year should be fine.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I absolutely love Bruce's kit and i only was able to drive my car a couple times before leaving for some training. I just got back and its supposed to be nice everyday next week. The Cobra will be out everyday!!!!

My next mod will be to take out the Kenne bell subframe connectors and go with stifflers setup.

maverick0817

Established Member
I absolutely love Bruce's kit and i only was able to drive my car a couple times before leaving for some training. I just got back and its supposed to be nice everyday next week. The Cobra will be out everyday!!!!

My next mod will be to take out the Kenne bell subframe connectors and go with stifflers setup.
Did you install the bushings yourself or did you have a shop locally do it?

Love reading these reviews. Thanks for posting OP. And big thanks to Bruce for all the R&D to give us a fix for the IRS.

quad

Established Member
Although once a year 'should' be fine for almost anyone, I'd actually like to see them done twice a year unless the car sits in storage for 6 months in Winter. Then I would say once a year should be fine.

Sounds good!

520Terminator

Wait.....What?
Established Member
I am really debating getting this kit, but I have heard from a friend that it is not very good for a street car, due to the fact that Delrin can crack? Care to shed any light on this subject? My car sees a TON of street miles. (Hey, I bought it to drive right?)

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Well did you read the faq on the site?

I never heard of Delrin cracking before.

My car is 100% Street car.

I just got mine installed, here is the link. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...1/929620-omg-ftbr-installed.html#post12975347

And finally go read the testimonials page. FTBR TESTIMONIALS

better yet email Bruce and get the faq right from him. [email protected]

I am really debating getting this kit, but I have heard from a friend that it is not very good for a street car, due to the fact that Delrin can crack? Care to shed any light on this subject? My car sees a TON of street miles. (Hey, I bought it to drive right?)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

I have never hear of a single instance of a Delrin control arm bushing cracking. There are literally thousands of cars on the street and track with Delrin control arm bushings in them. If it was a problem you'd easily be able to find hundreds of threads on internet message boards complaining about it. Tell your friend to find me a single complaint anywhere on the internet. :read::idea:

Hint, Google:

'cracked delrin control arm bushing'

y2kpony

Established Member
I would like to know if you guys would mind telling me what these ftbr kits cost to purchase and have installed. I have some interest in doing this with subframes, cc plates and cut stock springs possibly. Just concerned about labor costs as I'm on a budget like everyone else. Thanks.

quad

Established Member
I would like to know if you guys would mind telling me what these ftbr kits cost to purchase and have installed. I have some interest in doing this with subframes, cc plates and cut stock springs possibly. Just concerned about labor costs as I'm on a budget like everyone else. Thanks.
For the bushing kit (FT1350), bumpsteer kit (FT1860) and ford racing low profile diff cover (FT1350M) you will pay just over 1300 (prices from last year -may be different now). Install time is about 8-12 hours or around 900-1000 if a shop does it.

y2kpony

Established Member
For the bushing kit (FT1350), bumpsteer kit (FT1860) and ford racing low profile diff cover (FT1350M) you will pay just over 1300 (prices from last year -may be different now). Install time is about 8-12 hours or around 900-1000 if a shop does it.

Ok. Thanks. There is a shop in Gettysburg pa that is close to me that is an authorized dealer and probably does installs. I'll check them out.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
For information regarding the Cobra IRS see the informational article on our site:

IRS Informational Article

and the FAQ as well:

FTBR FAQ's

Here's our order page:

FTBR Order Page

And some more information regarding the SN-95 chassis and what parts you need to consider for your particular application:

One thing you need to be aware of is the SN-95 chassis requires a good quality FLSFC as a first mod. This is a CRITICAL addition for owners of convertibles. All of this is spelled out in the FAQ on our web site:

FTBR FAQ's

If you are interested in the IRS bushing kit, the best thing to do would be to go to our web site:

FULL TILT BOOGIE RACING

We have an order page that you can order parts paying via Pay-Pal or with a credit card:

FTBR Order Page

At the minimum you want the FT 5000 bushing kit, $695, which now includes the front subframe mounting bolts FT 1600. If you're doing the job yourself you're also going to want to get the OEM bushing removal tool set FT 2100 for $80. You will receive a $60 refund when you return the removal tools. In the rare case you have a driveline vibe now, you're going to want to consider the FT 5001 bushing kit, $795, which includes the Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mount FT 1401. This will allow you to completely optimize the driveline angles in your car.

If you have upgraded power and like to drag race, you're also going to want to consider a few other things. First would be one of our upgraded toe link and bumpsteer kits, FT 1800 or FT 1860, $165 and $239 respectively. The bumpsteer and upgraded toe link kits are very important for drag racing and road racing. Secondly, you'd want to consider protecting the egg shell thin OEM Diff cover with a rear cover brace at the absolute minimum. Or to do it right, upgrade to the new Ford Racing rear diff cover FT 1350 or the machined Ford Racing rear diff cover FT 1350M (see below for more info). This is essential for drag racing but is also has provisions for a diff cooler if you plan on road racing or serious track day duty. The rear cover significantly raises the durability of the IRS.

NOTE: If you are combining the FT 1401 Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mount (included in the FT 5001 kit) AND the new Ford Racing diff cover you are going to want to opt for the FT 1350M machined Ford Racing cover we offer because lowering the rear of the differential will cause clearance issues with the inner toe link mounts on the subframe.

If you're interested in saving 5% by sending a check, you can download the order form at the bottom of the order page. Fill the form out on your computer and it will automatically calculate prices, discount and freight for you, print it out and mail it in with your payment.

You will also find a link on our site for installation tips and photos:

Installation Photos and Tips

There are many benefits of the Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS bushing

99FiveOh

Established Member
I did the full FTBR kit on my convertible, and still have some wheel hop.

Overall, I love the kit, just a little disappointed that it didn't resolve the wheel hop. I think I am going to look into a set of springs for it!

I know this is an old thread but did you ever get the wheel hop issue in your vert fixed? I just bought my vert and am on the fence about swapping a SRA in. I've lined up an even swap with a buddy who has an 04 GT. I'm not wanting to spend all the money on the FTBR kit if it's not going to fix the issue. The buddy who is trading me has a 98 saleen with the FTBR kit in it and swears by it, but it is a coupe.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I bought a complete irs with the ftbr kit and it completely stopped my wheel hop have not had it once since install. I also have their sway bar links and toe bars as well and their drop mount for the diff. No added noise either.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
FTBR + good tires + lowering springs + FLSFC will solve your wheel hop

i have had the set up for a few years now and I haven't had wheel hop in a long ass time.

Users who are viewing this thread