Full Tilt Boogie review.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I put the fl500 kit in my car(actually i helped my buddy put it in the car was his before i bought it 2 months ago). we had the rear irs pulled out in 2.5 hours, r&r'd all bushings and resealed diff and installed the bf brace in 4 hours, then put it all back in the car in 2 hours. we had no air tools to pull or put in the irs just for the bushing install. If someone brought their car in at 8 to my work i could do it in a full day by myself i'm sure when able to use a hoist and air tools, not as big of a job as some say.

but anyways, this is an awesome kit, went in great and really feels good. if anyone in the michigan area is interested i'll be selling the complete irs this winter when i put in a sra ;)

marshall_cobra

Established Member
i was actually just thinking about purchasing this kit and was doing some research, when i saw this thread.. hmmm lots of money but im sure its worth it!

As requested, I picked up my car and drove it three hours home from the Twin Cities. The rear end just feels so planted now. It's like it has a purpose now. Before, you could feel "sponginess" of the rubber bushings and the lack of feel. Now you have a feeling for what it's doing and can tell that when it hits a bump, mid corner, It hits it and is planted down right after keeping the rear from bouncing. Although I can't go WOT because I'm breaking in my clutch, I can still feel a difference in normal driving in the city and on the highway. I could hold a better line on highway on-ramps because the rear would just be glued down.
It's not rough by any means and I think the NHV barely went up. All in all, It's how Ford should have done it from the factory. I would urge anyone thinking of a SRA swap to try this first. Yes it's a little expensive/time consuming, but the IRS is a unique part on our cars and should not be tossed so easily to "fix" the problem with a SRA swap...

Also I should add that the shop time for my install of the bushings and the FR diff cover was 8hrs. FWIW.

Awesome review. :beer: Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I need to stop putting off doing the whole kit. I just have the 3 diff bushings that come with the kit.

redcollection8

Established Member
I did the maximum motorsport IRS grip package for like 800 bucksi heard it is pretty much the same thing and it really is a huge difference. So much more grip and a lot smoother of a ride. A shop suggested it and I'm glad they did.

Last edited:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Yeah the shop charged me 10 hours for the install, because that's what they quoted me.. I asked if they were sure they could do it in ten... Noooo problem :).. They know for next time..

Who did you get to do it? so know if i send mine there its going to cost me more? jeez lol

supraman1990

Established Member
Depends how extensive you go. I got the full bushing kit along with bumsteer kit and the ford racing diff cover, along with adjustable sway bar end links, basically everything they sell, and it would of ran right around $1500 retail. I think just the bushing kit is somewhere in the 6-700 range.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Couldn't agree more!! Best mod I have ever done, followed by my 14" BBK, then whipple 2.3.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
I'm still having a very slight wheel hop on launch. I'm running the complete kit and H&R Race springs with Bilstine HD's all the way around on NT05 street tires. Is anyone else having a slight wheel hope after installing the complete FTBR kit or is it just me?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Couldn't agree more!! Best mod I have ever done, followed by my 14" BBK, then whipple 2.3.

This is not the first time someone said they liked the FTBR IRS upgrade more than their Whipple or KB. It's nice to hear!

I'm still having a very slight wheel hop on launch. I'm running the complete kit and H&R Race springs with Bilstine HD's all the way around on NT05 street tires. Is anyone else having a slight wheel hope after installing the complete FTBR kit or is it just me?

Do you have a coupe or vert? Do you have FLSFC's on the car?

Try reducing your rear tire pressure. Many people run far too much pressure in their rear tires.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What should the tire pressure be?

Many, and I mean MANY people run their rear tires at 34# and even higher. This is entirely too high. That in and of itself, can induce wheel hop. I suggest starting out around 28# and see what that does and work from there. Running 26# (and sometimes a tad less) is not too soft if it cures lingering hop issues.

FWIW

Ratchet

Established Member
Put the first miles on mine after the install of my bushing kit. Also added the ford racing diff cover, and did some stiffer springs up front from the 250 lbers I had in there. The 350lb springs seem just right. All I can say is that the ride is so smooth now, feels like a new car. It's not as loud as I thought it may be, and it has eaten up any corner I could throw at it making corners feel like i was going much slower than I was. Also on excellerating out of corners the back end bites and comes around nice. So far I am really liking the set up. Just need to slam it a bit more again. :beer:

supraman1990

Established Member
Many, and I mean MANY people run their rear tires at 34# and even higher. This is entirely too high. That in and of itself, can induce wheel hop. I suggest starting out around 28# and see what that does and work from there. Running 26# (and sometimes a tad less) is not too soft if it cures lingering hop issues.

FWIW
Bruce, what would you suggest I run in my daily driven NT555 street tires? I think they have 32 in them currently.

Users who are viewing this thread