Full Tilt Boogie review.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I plan on doing this after I put the 2.76 pulley on my car and get it tuned.
Definately at the top of my to do list.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, what would you suggest I run in my daily driven NT555 street tires? I think they have 32 in them currently.

It depends on whether you're still hopping or not. But 32# of pressure in a wider tire (not sure what size tire you're running) is excessive tire pressure and you will most likely wear out the center of the tire before the edges. I'd run them at about 28# on the street and less at the strip.

SLOWNED

Established Member
How much are each of you paying to have this kit installed? From what I've read and seen i think I'll let a shop handle this. I know the kit itself isn't too expensive for what you get, but what about installation?

Ratchet

Established Member
It depends on whether you're still hopping or not. But 32# of pressure in a wider tire (not sure what size tire you're running) is excessive tire pressure and you will most likely wear out the center of the tire before the edges. I'd run them at about 28# on the street and less at the strip.

Thanks! I just went and checked my tire pressure due to a bit of wheel hop left over.. My tires were at 34psi!!!! Now down to 28 psi. Think i'll go for another rip and test it out. :beer:

TRBO VNM

How much are each of you paying to have this kit installed? From what I've read and seen i think I'll let a shop handle this. I know the kit itself isn't too expensive for what you get, but what about installation?

I can tell you places around here will charge $1000 or more. I charge $500 and that includes if I have to reseal the diff/change the cover. Luckily doing it part time, I can charge less. :D

Jroc

Established Member
Awesome mod if you plan to stay IRS.

It was the second mod I did to my car back in early 07 after I added my SFC's. Just make sure you add some grease fittings. I didn't and after a few months they got a little noisy.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Shop charged me 8 hours for the install, but it took them closer to 10ish.. So it came out to around 800 bucks or so for labour. Worth it unless you have a lift, since doing it on the floor doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I spent a little over 900 bucks on my kit, and installed it myself. It really isn't a hard install. Takes time, but straight forward. No need to pay a shop.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I got my kit from Bruce during a holiday sale. Maybe those without it can jump on those great prices.
Holiday Sale Bruce! :read::beer:
It is an excellent kit and doesn't really take that long to do. I documented stuff in my thread here. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nsion-upgrade-progress-powdercoat-inside.html
You CAN make the IRS beautiful also! Do it yourself, use half the money you saved for powdercoat! :rockon:

1raresnake

Established Member
Installed my FTBR kit with bumper steer deluxe, Delrin Isolated Rear Differential Lowering Mount, and adjustable sway bar links. Just got it back from the alignment shop.. WOWWWW THIS CAR RIDES SO MUCH SMOOTHER!!!! Car feels way more connect to the ground. I am very pleased with this product. Thanks Bruce for such a great kit.:rockon:

cobra4ever

Established Member
Just got the FullTiltBoogie kit installed along with GlobalWest front control arm bushings. Awesome! As smooth as stock over bumps with the turn in and rear end plant of a go kart!

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
I am very happy with the kit I got the whole kit with the upgraded endlinks. I have H&R race springs and maxumum motorsports Bilsetin HD shocks. Running hoosier drag radials and it wheel hopped at the track a rediculous amount! tried a few different launch techniques and it all sucked.
Next visit to the track I switched to 28" tall bias plys now everything is great...

Users who are viewing this thread