Gen3 VMP TVS

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Some one post a picture of the coolant cross over on instagram . I say to myself wth them boy at vmp thinking that it’s ok to hammer our cobra like that . Flaw design . I’m glad I never fan of vmp since begining . They have more problem compare to whipple

elcobrita

Established Member
I’m glad I never fan of vmp since begining . They have more problem compare to whipple

VMP has been dropping the ball with the 2.6... but not true. The 2.3 is a GREAT blower. Mine ran great for 4-5 years until I sold it. Never gave me any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP has been dropping the ball with the 2.6... but not true. The 2.3 is a GREAT blower. Mine ran great for 4-5 years until I sold it. Never gave me any issues.

The 2.3 is a wonderful blower. Best bang for your buck and fits wel. Love mine.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That's insane about the IAT2 sensor, especially after all the hoopla with the 2.3 issue.

Don't they make essentially the same blower for the gt500? How long is that iat2 sensor? Maybe they make these blowers with the gt500 in mind and the terminator crowd just has to deal with it. Probably saves manufacturing cost.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Some one post a picture of the coolant cross over on instagram . I say to myself wth them boy at vmp thinking that it’s ok to hammer our cobra like that . Flaw design . I’m glad I never fan of vmp since begining . They have more problem compare to whipple

I probably saw that same post. I wouldn't say they have more problems. Whipple has their own issues if you get the crusher set up.

I didn't hear about the IAT2 issue.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I thought the iat2 issue was resolved?
At the end of the day its hotrodding. Would I like this to be 100% bolt on. absolutely. That just insnt the way things work some time. Besides, you guys are going to need a coolant crossover delete when you do the j2fab intercooler set up anyway ;)

Soap

Established Member
It's not an issue with the sensor it's an issue with the connector you have to trim the bottom off of. Even I thought to machine the case when I modded my 2.3.

TVS.jpg
Mod.jpg

--Joe

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Wow. Not a fan of the instructions to modify the crossover or the iat sensor plug one bit.

Joe
I like what you did for the sensor plug. I can’t figure out why that wasn’t done from the get go by VMP.

Ken

willis414

Established Member
Ya that's laughable...they want you to smash your crossover with a hammer....and test fit on and off untill proper clearance is achieved. Sounds like fun.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
People defend spending $8k on a turbo kit and having to “massage” the kit to fit. People dent headers to fit but bitch about having to modify something for the VMP? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
People defend spending $8k on a turbo kit and having to “massage” the kit to fit. People dent headers to fit but bitch about having to modify something for the VMP? Lol

When it’s the engine coolant crossover they want you to smash down to half it’s size! Yeah it’s a bit of a deal considering that’s going to also restrict the flow of coolant through it. As well as remove the water tight ability of an electrical connector such as the iat sensor. Not a fan. If water gets under the hood and lays under that connector I’m sure over time it could cause a failure.
Don’t get me wrong I will probably get this blower once a few more people show good results with it. I will NOT however follow those part of the instructions. If the iat sensor plug issue is not resolved by then I will follow Joe’s route and have it clearanced. I will also reroute the coolant crossover differently so it’s properly out of the way and not just smashed down. I could see putting a small dent in it but smashing it to half it’s size is a bit much.
I plan on having the J2fab ic mods so the stock crossover will have to go anyway.

Just my .02
Ken

cj428mach

Established Member
I think the issue is vmp markets it as being built exactly for our cars here's the description.

"It was designed from OEM CAD data to fit perfectly and clear the stock hood. It is the first aftermarket supercharger housing made specifically for the Terminator Cobra"

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I have no problem hammer my long tube header . But not my cooling cross over , I don’t have to deal with peoples asking me wth happen here every time I’m pop the hood lol

Users who are viewing this thread