Get ready Mustang fans...GT 500 to humiliate Camaro ZL1 in 2018 !!!

BSB318

Established Member
Its official today that Chevrolet revealed the new ZL1 camaro stats and price.

http://www.camaro6.com/2016/08/08/2...tarts-at-62135-and-does-quarter-mile-in-11-4/

IT STILL FALLS SHORT OF THE 2013-2014 GT 500 HORSEPOWER STATS !!!!

GM had these last few years along with Ford taking a break from a forced induction GT 500 Mustang , and GM still could not beat Ford.

If history serves any purpose , its a sure thing that the 2018 Mustang GT 500 will embarrass and humiliate this latest ZL1 once again.

I guess the corporate big wigs of GM like being abused by Ford.

LOL!!!

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Its straight line speed is about what the 13-14 GT500's was. It'll ET better due to the auto but it's only a marginal improvement. The handling will be judged to be light-years ahead of the 13-14 cars. I think SVT's new hyper musclecar will be nipping at the heels of the current Z06, if not faster.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Be interesting to see how they reinforce the new GT500 rear end.

Clemson

Established Member
Its official today that Chevrolet revealed the new ZL1 camaro stats and price.

http://www.camaro6.com/2016/08/08/2...tarts-at-62135-and-does-quarter-mile-in-11-4/

IT STILL FALLS SHORT OF THE 2013-2014 GT 500 HORSEPOWER STATS !!!!

GM had these last few years along with Ford taking a break from a forced induction GT 500 Mustang , and GM still could not beat Ford.

If history serves any purpose , its a sure thing that the 2018 Mustang GT 500 will embarrass and humiliate this latest ZL1 once again.

I guess the corporate big wigs of GM like being abused by Ford.

LOL!!!

wow, similar specs to a car ford came out with 4 years ago. Way to go Government Motors.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
wow, similar specs to a car ford came out with 4 years ago. Way to go Government Motors.

True dat. However, Chevy's rumored to be working on an LT5 with 750 horses. It's probably 2-3 years out being the the ZL1 is just now launching. Ford's new GT500 seems to be about a year away or so.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Ford needs to at least make the magnetic suspension an option for the GT500. that's the one thing the ZL1 has over it.

MattR

Established Member
It's all about that power to weight ratio. If the new GT500 is over 4000 lbs what's the point. These cars are all too heavy

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That's because it's a pushrod motor
I wouldn't pin it to that. What does the 13-14 have, a 2.3L TSV?

Ford really hung their nuts out with that out of the box.

At the end of the day, the zl1 is lighter and more balanced than incumbent GT500s. Not to mention the 10spd auto option.

I think the zl1 is going to **** shit up. 9s will be super easy in the auto version if the trans can withstand.

That being said, it looks like total dogshit. Too bad, I would consider one if it weren't for that and the visibility. The lighter alpha platform is excellent and so are blown lsxs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

my13Elenor

Established Member
I wouldn't pin it to that. What does the 13-14 have, a 2.3L TSV?

Ford really hung their nuts out with that out of the box.

At the end of the day, the zl1 is lighter and more balanced than incumbent GT500s. Not to mention the 10spd auto option.

I think the zl1 is going to **** shit up. 9s will be super easy in the auto version if the trans can withstand.

That being said, it looks like total dogshit. Too bad, I would consider one if it weren't for that and the visibility. The lighter alpha platform is excellent and so are blown lsxs.

Guess what that 10 speed transmission is being built at Ford Livonia transmission, it was CO engineered with Ford so don't think the Camaro will be the only vehicle to benefit, and manual to manual the Mustang GT is 80pds heavier.. FYI

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Guess what that 10 speed transmission is being built at Ford Livonia transmission, it was CO engineered with Ford so don't think the Camaro will be the only vehicle to benefit, and manual to manual the Mustang GT is 80pds heavier.. FYI

Yeah I heard that, I'm sure it will end up somewhere exciting in the Ford lineup.

The weight difference is significant. The zl1 with a blower, forged motor and plumbing still weighs less than a GT.

What do you think the next GT500 will weigh? The bottom line is the alpha platform is quite a bit smaller and the weight balance is way more in line with a real sports car.

PS, I'm not trying to troll, I just bought a 16 gt350 in May. I just call it as I see it!

my13Elenor

Established Member
Yeah I heard that, I'm sure it will end up somewhere exciting in the Ford lineup.

The weight difference is significant. The zl1 with a blower, forged motor and plumbing still weighs less than a GT.

What do you think the next GT500 will weigh? The bottom line is the alpha platform is quite a bit smaller and the weight balance is way more in line with a real sports car.

PS, I'm not trying to troll, I just bought a 16 gt350 in May. I just call it as I see it!

How is that possible if an SS manual weighs 70pds less than a manual GT?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The ZL1 will not have the 10-speed at product launch. GM Authority is reporting ZL1s will only have the manual for the first few months with the 10-speed debut later in MY 17.

Users who are viewing this thread