Getting out of the game for a while, sold my car back to the dealer

mammothcar1

Established Member
Well, I never thought it would happen with this car, but I sold it back to the dealer last week.

I've had a lot of toys over the years, from Mustangs to VWs and back to this car, the GT350.
Of all of the cars I thought I would have kept for a long time, it was going to be this one, but at the end of the day, I couldn't justify keeping it.

I bought it in July of 2017 and put only 1,600 miles the entire time.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the car and checked all the right boxes of what I was looking for, but driving it in the NoVA area was a royal pain.

The dealer I bought it from gave me a great price with no hassle.
So, if anyone is looking for a pristine, never tracked, low mileage GT350 it's sitting over at Koons Ford.
Hit me up, I can give you more details about the car and a good contact.

I'm sure another car will attract my attention someday, but in the meantime, my 4runner is perfect for the slow, lumbering traffic of the DC area.
l

ANGREY

Established Member
Well, I never thought it would happen with this car, but I sold it back to the dealer last week.

I've had a lot of toys over the years, from Mustangs to VWs and back to this car, the GT350.
Of all of the cars I thought I would have kept for a long time, it was going to be this one, but at the end of the day, I couldn't justify keeping it.

I bought it in July of 2017 and put only 1,600 miles the entire time.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the car and checked all the right boxes of what I was looking for, but driving it in the NoVA area was a royal pain.

The dealer I bought it from gave me a great price with no hassle.
So, if anyone is looking for a pristine, never tracked, low mileage GT350 it's sitting over at Koons Ford.
Hit me up, I can give you more details about the car and a good contact.

I'm sure another car will attract my attention someday, but in the meantime, my 4runner is perfect for the slow, lumbering traffic of the DC area.
l

I empathize brother, I live in Miami which is one of the worst places in the world to own a performance car. Finding times and locations when there's not a billion people on the road is nearly impossible. You almost have to drive a couple of hours to get beyond it all here. What's worse here is combined with traffic, there's rain, and rain, and more rain. So the odds of finding a jaunt with the car when it's not raining or swamped with idiots is rare.

I also have a 4Runner (TRD OFF Road) as my daily, but luckily I live 1.5 miles from work.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Priorities change. You did what is best for your situation right now. You'll have future opportunities to own and drive performance cars. But, promise you'll drive them more than you did your GT-350. LOL.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
The new "Me Too" movement. I sold my gt350 about a month ago. I also live in the DMV area. When I brought it, it was a hold over until the gt500 comes out. However, I decided to go a different direction a bit earlier than anticipated. Like you, I have currently reverted to the DD (06 Acura TSX) until I pull the trigger on the new toy.

noco5.0

Established Member
I have a Challenger Hellcat that I might drive once a week when the weather isn't terrible here. It's not causing a financial hardship, but it does feel like flushing money down the toilet since I can't drive it more. I work a lot and my employer provides a vehicle, so both my Hellcat and my DD sit. I totally get where you are coming from. I've unloaded a lot of cars in my day. My Hellcat is perfect for me, but starting to wonder if I make the same move in the near future.

mammothcar1

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies.
Yeah, I've been into cars all my life and while living in Western PA, I was able to get the cars out without much thought about traffic. But here in the NoVA area, I found myself having to plan my moves a bit more as to when to leave to avoid traffic even on the weekends, which takes a lot of the fun out going for a drive.
Besides, the yearly $2,000 personal property tax on the car really sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread