Going from having a truck to not having a truck?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
For 6 months I was truckless. Drove me crazy. Every week I need to have a truck for something. I can see not tying a bunch of $$ up in a truck - I'd rather put the "fun money" into the cars. If money was not an issue I would have a built 6.0 Powerstroke loaded to the gills.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Got my first truck when I was 16 and I've never been without one. Honestly, I don't think I could do without a truck. Seems like I'm hauling something every weekend, from dirt & rocks to lumber. Then again, I have close to 10 acres to maintain so it's more of a necessity.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I went without having a truck for just over a year and hated it. Got back into a truck and probably won't be without one again.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I never owned a truck until I bought my Ranger. Now I couldn't imagine being without it. I don't need it often, but when I do it's a godsend.

Famine

Established Member
I love having a truck and wont get out of that. There are a million uses for them. Someone calls me to borrow truck, then lets talk money or no deal. Plan on throwing a blower on my 2014 f150 the second either my truck is paid off or i finish up my gt with a 2015 longblock.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
image.jpg

I rest my case

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Early last year I only had a Focus ST, then I traded it on my new 2016 GT PP I had. Then we had a bad hurricane, lots of floods, lots of craziness, and shit all over the roads. Car got beat up and chipped. I freaked out. Put it in the garage, bought a beater truck, got so used to it I can't go back.

Now I sold the GT, bought a house, got tired of the single cab, bought a Tacoma TRD for future kids/baby momma functions and to haul shit/tow the coupe occasionally. Won't own any other truck or go without one from here on.

People try to borrow my truck a lot and in some cases I don't mind, but don't be that guy who depends on others to have access to a truck. That's kind of shitty.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I haven't owned a truck in over 10 years now. For the times I truly need one I just borrow from friends who have one as an extra vehicle.

$80 in gas every few months beats paying that every week. Otherwise I just use my Focus as a truck and haul everything from engines to mulch in the hatch. I keep trash bags and a good shop vac handy.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OP hit the nail on the head.

The day you get rid of it, all of the chores that require one seem to pop up.

I've learned my lesson.... .i'll always have one on hand even if its an old $1500 beater.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Not sure what I would get. Probably a small SUV for my wife to primarily drive and I would primarily drive our Acadia SUV. I've also kicked around the idea of another 99-04 Grand Cherokee if I could find a nice enough one. Had one before and I loved it and know how to work on them.

I wish I could keep the truck to have when needed - but I have four cars now including my Terminator, no way five would work. Reason for moving on from my truck - it's at that tipping point where I either need to spend about 5k on it to do some wear\maintenance items or just move on. It has 140k on it and I can hear a very slight rod knock and it's using a little oil as well, probably make it another 40-50k, but no way it's going to make it deep into the 200k range. Knowing that has been holding me back from putting money into it.

Coiled03

Established Member
I really want to go without a truck, and get something reasonably fun to drive again. I don't own a house, and rarely have a need to haul anything. But damn, having a 4x4 in the winter is nice around here.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I found a brand new stroker shortblock for sale in Kentucky a few years ago.
I had the guy send me the dimensions of the crate.

Once I knew it fit in the Mustang there was no question that I would rather drive 1800 miles in a Mustang than an F-250.
https://i.imgur.com/0WDd6xh.jpg
0WDd6xh.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread