Going from off-road H-pipe to LT’s is there much difference?

eliteplague

Since I already have an off road h-pipe set up, would it be better to just get shorty headers? That way my catless set up isn’t wasted.

Or should just go LT’s ? Would there be much difference in sound going from an off road pipe to LT’s? Also power wise?

MastaAce03

Established Member
Buy Long tubes. Shortys aren’t worth the install and won’t do much for performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Dont waste your money on mid length. Go long tubes or stay with the stock headers with O/R H. The gain is also gonna depend on the tune. Having a great tuner makes all the difference.

96gt02

Established Member
As many others have said it all depends on your goals and mods. I would advise against shorties no matter what you do, not worth the money or hassle of doing it vs long tubes. With all that being said I'm not a big fan of LTs myself ( I don't particularly like the sound of them in general either), I have a pretty max effort bolt on setup myself ( Ported CJ, ported twin 67mm, 5" CAI, O/R 3" prochamber and OTAs) and personally wouldn't do LTs unless I get aftermarket Cams one day which I don't plan on doing either as it would be more cost effective to just go FI at the point of adding CAMs and LTs.

Users who are viewing this thread