GT350/R Price Drop? Time to Buy?

s1ten

Established Member
Starting to see ADM's dropping. Is this the time to buy or should I wait? Trying to wait for a good deal on a 350R but, the kid in me wants to pounce. I'm assuming when the GT500 comes out prices will spike down even more?

Thoughts?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Starting to see ADM's dropping. Is this the time to buy or should I wait? Trying to wait for a good deal on a 350R but, the kid in me wants to pounce. I'm assuming when the GT500 comes out prices will spike down even more?

Thoughts?

All speculation.

But yes, they should continue to drop as the time goes. Supply will also continue to drop.

CO Mack

Established Member
It'll be a slow slow slow decline. I kept waiting to find a deal on a Boss 302 Laguna Seca and before it ever happened the GT350 spy shots started. I suspect the GT350R will depreciate more slowly than the Laguna Seca too.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It'll be a slow slow slow decline. I kept waiting to find a deal on a Boss 302 Laguna Seca and before it ever happened the GT350 spy shots started. I suspect the GT350R will depreciate more slowly than the Laguna Seca too.

I made the same mistake waiting for prices to come down on the Laguna Seca. Next thing I knew, production was over and finding a new one was impossible. I didn't want to end up in the same boat when I got the opportunity to buy my GT350R.

CO Mack

Established Member
I made the same mistake waiting for prices to come down on the Laguna Seca. Next thing I knew, production was over and finding a new one was impossible. I didn't want to end up in the same boat when I got the opportunity to buy my GT350R.

Worked out for both of us!

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
What GT500 ??
Haha right? No creditable news yet on the next big thing, but this topic has been beaten to death over on the facebook mustang groups, will these adms go away? I think so and if you shop around their are a bunch sitting on dealer lots and ones I have been watching sit all summer which is a shame but a dealer maybe willing to deal around or above msrp which is not bad..If they would take me '16 in trade and give me what I need I would have an R in my garage for $3k over

termoil78

Established Member
I have been looking at gt350s and the same ones been sitting at dealerships all summer and going into winter they gonna just sit another 4 months. Never did I see used GT500’s sitting on lots for 250+ days the year after released. A low mileage 2016 gt350 can be had for damn near same price as a 13/14 gt500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Winter is coming. Spend some time and shop dealers for Rs if that is your focus instead of a regular 350. I am sure you can find one at sticker this time of year. You may need to drive a little, but that just breaks it in.

Tom

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Also I've heard they're will be less units of 18 GT350R built. If this info is correct it may be harder to get your price next summer than it is right now.

Pounce this winter if you want one. Anything under 5k adm I feel would be a good deal. Still many barely used R's online asking 90k plus.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have been looking at gt350s and the same ones been sitting at dealerships all summer and going into winter they gonna just sit another 4 months. Never did I see used GT500’s sitting on lots for 250+ days the year after released. A low mileage 2016 gt350 can be had for damn near same price as a 13/14 gt500.

That's not true.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Also I've heard they're will be less units of 18 GT350R built. If this info is correct it may be harder to get your price next summer than it is right now.

Pounce this winter if you want one. Anything under 5k adm I feel would be a good deal. Still many barely used R's online asking 90k plus.
Lol and those are the ones that got ripped off paying $90k for this car, but they will never get more than $75k used for one..Especially new ones can be had for near $5k over like you said. I mentioned this before, what would honestly get if you traded an R in? I have yet to see the answers to this

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Not sure about that; I've been tracking completed listing on Ebay for the better part of a year, and a lot of used Rs are trading hands north of $80k. Haven't checked in the last couple of months, but as of August that was still the case.

termoil78

Established Member
That's not true.

Check out CarGurus or autotrader. I can find you more than a handful of 350’s that have been sitting 200+ days and are now for sale
For $52k, many a nearly $10,000 price drop.

I can say most the ‘14 gt500 I have seen are equally around $49/50k.

Guess we must be looking in different places.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Check out CarGurus or autotrader. I can find you more than a handful of 350’s that have been sitting 200+ days and are now for sale
For $52k, many a nearly $10,000 price drop.

I can say most the ‘14 gt500 I have seen are equally around $49/50k.

Guess we must be looking in different places.

I don't need to check third party sites, I check the dealer's database.

You're right, they are still there, I posted above how many Rs were left.

There were just as many 2014 GT500s sitting that long.

CO Mack

Established Member
Lol and those are the ones that got ripped off paying $90k for this car, but they will never get more than $75k used for one..Especially new ones can be had for near $5k over like you said. I mentioned this before, what would honestly get if you traded an R in? I have yet to see the answers to this

Trade in dollars? Dunno, but I got more than the $52 mentioned for trade on my GT350 Tech against my R. You can find an R for $10k over but $5k gets really hard.

I might be remembering wrong but I thought I remembered you could get D plan on a 14 GT500. I know you could get deep under MSRP.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Trade in dollars? Dunno, but I got more than the $52 mentioned for trade on my GT350 Tech against my R. You can find an R for $10k over but $5k gets really hard.

I might be remembering wrong but I thought I remembered you could get D plan on a 14 GT500. I know you could get deep under MSRP.

Ford different offer plans on the 13/14's. They opened up plan buying on the 11/12s at the end of their life cycle.

ANGREY

Established Member
I posted in the other thread as well, I think GT350 owners are fine.

There's a couple of different options for what the new GT500 will be and neither is a threat to the base 350s. Might be a threat to the value of the Rs.

If Ford decides to make a GT500 "track" car, which is essentially all the features and frills of the GT350 with more motor, I'd say their price point is still going to be high enough to keep value for the GT350's. They'd have to price point it from $70k-$80k (so imagine a GT350 with an Aluminator and either a supercharger or twins). That would threaten the R, but people are going to look at the GT350 with 529 HP as still a good value in the low 50s barely used, vs. the new GT500 in the upper 70s (without dealer markup) and wonder if it's worth the extra $25k for a couple hundred more horse.

IF the bean counters at Ford make the engineers cull their list of desires, then they'll probably have to give up on some of the "track" features and continue with more of a GT500 muscle car, meant to compete more with the likes of the Hellcat/Demon.

A blown 5.2 with a T56 and typical Ford wheels is gonna end up in the 4k lb range and be a drag pig, not a svelt curve cutter.

The only way they get down to being a nimble track car (and keep the blower) is adding cost, via trans, cooler, R carbon wheels, etc which is all going to push the price tag up and out of direct competition with the 350.

IF, the new GT500 is nothing more than a GT350 with a Factory eaton and warranty for $5k more, then most of us who bought 350's are screwed on the resale value, then again, if that's all it is, we're essentially okay because you can just dump $10k into the car and have an equivalent.

Users who are viewing this thread