GT350R- Not for Wallflowers

CO Mack

Established Member
I had a GT350 for a year and a half or so before getting my R. It got occasional attention but not too often(except for the wife when she drove it alone lol).

I was not prepared for the GT350R attention. People are constantly giving thumbs up, stalking me in gas stations...and my first speeding ticket in over 10 years.

On paper they're not too much different but somehow it has a "specialness" the GT350 doesn't that even non-enthusiasts notice.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i get alot of attention in the ole homely regular 350 that i wasn't prepared for. i figured people wouldn't notice the difference between that and the GT i had...i was wrong. unsure if i like the attention, but i am very surprised by it.

i can't imagine how people would flip over an R!

ArkLightning

Established Member
I just traded in a beautiful silver 2012 GT Brembo suspension, with the factory appearance package - hood bulge, side window louvers, larger spoiler and it was kind of a mixed bag - silver is a stealth color even with the bulged hood and so forth. A Racing Red GT350 is completely different. I think they should have named the color Retina Searing Red. My wife and I went for a drive last night and as I was slowing down to turn a corner a mini-van went by us with a little boy about 3 years old with his face plastered against the side window staring at the car.

People see this thing coming down the road. Which is good as I'm convinced inattentive drivers don't see silver and light grey cars as they blend into the pavement color and my 2008 light grey GT was totaled by an on-coming driver who left turned right into the front fender and door of it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's hit or miss with the attention my R gets. Usually misses. My 7 year old GT500 still gets more attention. I don't think the general public is sold on the looks of the S550 yet. I don't particularly care for the S550, myself, but the GT350/GT350R fixes the biggest gripe I have with it; the front half.

CO Mack

Established Member
Even in GT guise I like the S550 a lot more than the S197. For me they watered down the original design too much, which especially the last GT500s fixed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's hit or miss with the attention my R gets. Usually misses. My 7 year old GT500 still gets more attention. I don't think the general public is sold on the looks of the S550 yet. I don't particularly care for the S550, myself, but the GT350/GT350R fixes the biggest gripe I have with it; the front half.
I'm sitting on the same fence you are. LOL. I'm not totally sold on the S550 design changes, but the GT350 I really like!

Users who are viewing this thread