GT500 Exhaust Sound Board

kent1

Established Member
What is the difference between the SVT1 and ultimate touring corsa sound wise? Which one is the quietest and makes the best sound outside the car but no drone inside the car?

Also which one would make the most power hooked up with a high flow catted mid-pipe and which high flowed catted mid-pipe is the best or recommended? Mods to car are listed below. Your assistance is highly appreciated.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
What is the difference between the SVT1 and ultimate touring corsa sound wise? Which one is the quietest and makes the best sound outside the car but no drone inside the car?

Also which one would make the most power hooked up with a high flow catted mid-pipe and which high flowed catted mid-pipe is the best or recommended? Mods to car are listed below. Your assistance is highly appreciated.

IMO, the SVT1's would be quieter..but, not by much
as for best sound, that's personal preference
they both have zero drone

power/no gains from mufflers
high flow X by Lethal is a good deal
same type cats as the Magnaflow X
I picked up 13 ponies when I did the Magnaflow
set-up...

G/L

kent1

Established Member
IMO, the SVT1's would be quieter..but, not by much
as for best sound, that's personal preference
they both have zero drone

power/no gains from mufflers
high flow X by Lethal is a good deal
same type cats as the Magnaflow X
I picked up 13 ponies when I did the Magnaflow
set-up...

G/L

Do you think the Magnaflow catted X and SVT1 would be fairly quiet as a combination?

09Troublemaker

Established Member
Do you think the Magnaflow catted X and SVT1 would be fairly quiet as a combination?

yes, but only because I'm comparing that to my set-up
which happens to be pretty bad as@;-)

what type of decibels you looking for?

I would find an event/show and go listen in person

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member

Given that SVT-1's are considered "quiet" when paired with o/r midpipes and LT headers...you should be safely in the quiet range.

Six_Offender

Established Member
i apologize for bringing back a resting thread but i LOVE loud cars. when i think of mustang i think of power and wanna hear power. when i think of GT500 it should be twice as loud and twice as fast..hahah. so i have a request, o/r x pipe with slps lm or a muffler delete exhaust! any clips out there or equivalent?

svtmadman

Established Member
/\ i have just put LTs with off road X into my pre-existing SLP loudmouths and let me tell you it is the worst sounding car i have ever heard!!! I was embarresed to drive it home, i short shifted as much as possible so people wouldnt point and laugh. When i got home i ordered the magna flow magnapacks which showed up yesterday:rolling: I ordered them from lethal performance and it should sound like there '10 black and blue car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzuTdE-806k"]YouTube- 2010 Shelby GT500 with a Lethal Performance Offroad X-Pipe[/ame]

I will put up a sound bite soon.

My SLPs are for sale in the 500 market section.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
/\ i have just put LTs with off road X into my pre-existing SLP loudmouths and let me tell you it is the worst sounding car i have ever heard!!! I was embarresed to drive it home, i short shifted as much as possible so people wouldnt point and laugh. When i got home i ordered the magna flow magnapacks which showed up yesterday:rolling: I ordered them from lethal performance and it should sound like there '10 black and blue car.

YouTube- 2010 Shelby GT500 with a Lethal Performance Offroad X-Pipe

LOL well what did you expect w/ an open header setup?!

09Troublemaker

Established Member

YouTube- 2010 Shelby GT500 with a Lethal Performance Offroad X-Pipe

LMAO!!! Did it sound like a Harley with a big block boat following you. That must have been 1 brutal ride home.....:nonono:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I would try and see if 3" Bassani axlebacks would work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6AYK3qUIYE"]YouTube- Vapor Shelby GT500+[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48OZxhWjepk"]YouTube- Black Shelby GT500+[/ame]

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member

my 3 choices from the clips posted would be the full kooks setup front to back, the kooks LTs,Kooks Mid with Corsa Touring and if im just doing axelback then it the KR Mufflers.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Are those bassani soundclips with stock headers and x pipe? Man, the bassani sounds sexy...

Those sound clips are a complete Bassani system:

Long tubes p/n S5407R
Mid pipe w/cats p/n 5407R3
Cat back p/n 5407R5

Recently helped install a 3" Bassani system on a car with the stock manifolds. It sounded really good. He used p/n 5407R3M which mates to the stock manifolds and p/n 5407R5 cat back (same as above).

Plug in make, model, yr, engine at the Bassani link: Search results - Bassani.com

Some sponsors here also sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread