GT500 fuel pum replacement

toennee

Established Member
I replaced the pumps in the factory hat assy with Deatschweks kit 9-305-1035. I looked and had not seen much on this so I thought I would post this for anyone else looking to upgrade pumps. I will skip removing and putting the fuel hat in the car. The pumps were exact fit replacements and I did not have to do any cutting like I have heard is needed with some pumps. This is a pic of the pump as it was removed from the car along with the new pumps and pickup socks that came in the kit.
IMG_4068 - Copy.jpg

Next I removed the two 5mm screws holding the top of the pumps in and unpluged the connectors on the pumps.
IMG_4070.jpg
IMG_4071.jpg

I pried the sock off the bottom of the pumps and removed the two 5mm screws holding the bottom of the pumps in. The second one was holding the sending unit in place.
IMG_4072.jpg
IMG_4074.jpg
IMG_4073.jpg

This allowed me to remove both pumps out the bottom. This is the old and new pumps side by side.
IMG_4075.jpg

I placed the new pumps in the base and they fit without making any modifications to the housing and started putting it back together.
IMG_4076.jpg
IMG_4077.jpg

Here are a few shots of it finished with the new socks installed.
IMG_4078.jpg

toennee

Established Member
I ran out of room so here are the last pics.
IMG_4079.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg
IMG_4081.jpg

This was easy. I have run the car but not much as I need to datalog for my new tune. I hope this helps anyone thinking about doing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread