GT500 Rear End On a GT

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Looking at replacing my bent rear end on my 2023 mustang gt and found a local deal for a 2013 GT500 complete rear end, but not sure if it's compatible. Anyone already do this or have feedback? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Looking at replacing my bent rear end on my 2023 mustang gt and found a local deal for a 2013 GT500 complete rear end, but not sure if it's compatible. Anyone already do this or have feedback? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The axle itself is a direct swap, however Shelby installed adapter brackets that so they could use a 13" rear rotor on the 13' GT500. So if you're using a 15" drag tire or similar, they won't fit unless you remove the brackets and go back to the 11" rotors.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I know it was offered as an upgrade from some local Ford dealers a while back. Should be a pretty direct swap and nice upgrade. Good luck.

stangn

Established Member
As said just switch over the brake caliper plate from gt to the gt500. The rear caliper is the same between cars, just a rotor size increase on the 500. You will need to pull the axles to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread