Guy from Sweden in need of help Boss/CJ intake

KushBandit

Established Member
So if I get this right Im looking at
1500$ for the package
400$ for a tuner
350- 400$ for a tune
150$ for lower control arms

And I will loose my stock strut tower brace.
The reason I want this kit over the Boss is that i've read you hardly loose any torqe. Correct me if i'm wrong. This is important for me.
Any of you with the CJ setup that have regrets?

I don't regret going with the Cobra Jet setup for a second. I have the monoblade TB and FRPP CAI, and it screams to 7800rpm. No torque loss either, which is why I mainly went with it.

There is about 15%-20% chance you can get a faulty monoblade throttle body. I was one of the guys that had a faulty throttle body on this site, granted I bought it used. I had to swap manifolds 7 times before I figured it out, since this is my daily driver. On the plus side, I can swap a manifold and all parts needed in about 30 minutes now lol.

Honestly, the strut tower braces don't do shit on our cars, they're just pretty. The chassis is stiff enough as it is.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
So if I get this right Im looking at
1500$ for the package
400$ for a tuner
350- 400$ for a tune
150$ for lower control arms

And I will loose my stock strut tower brace.
The reason I want this kit over the Boss is that i've read you hardly loose any torqe. Correct me if i'm wrong. This is important for me.
Any of you with the CJ setup that have regrets?

I don't have any regrets over getting the CJ, but I do regret wasting money and time with the boss manifold. Except I'm close to buying a on3 kit with all the money I've spend on the CJ and my nitrous setup.

eekkaann

Established Member
Bringing this tread back.
has anyone gone from a CAI and tune and stock Headers to CJ intake, tune, still on stock Headers and felt it was worth it? Felt the car pull harder?

Mines stock for now except for my Borla catback. Do I go with just a CAI and tune or the CJ route?
Cant get this i tanke out of my mind. Love the Looks, and I think I would get moore power I can feel with the CJ intake, correct?

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Not quite. I went from stock to tuned cai and headers. Then this last weekend I installed my CJ. Only been able to do a pull or 2 since it's been raining for a week straight but dam it pulls hard and keeps pulling up top. The cai/headers did make a difference but if you're going with a CJ eventually I wouldn't waste time on a CAI cause you'll just be replacing it a year later like me.

As far as tuning goes I got an Ngauge and tune through Lund and it's very driveable on the base tune. A little rich maybe but definetly safe. Might get a chance to log next week when it's sunny.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I've gone from tune, stock headers and stock manifold to BOSS IM. Def a big difference on the top end. Now I've gone longtubes and it's even better.
At one point I did go back to the stock intake to see how big of a torque loss I could feel....zero. It felt the same down low but felt weak on the top end. Put the BOSS back on.
so if you go with the CJ, even better.

herzeleid05

Established Member
Bringing this tread back.
has anyone gone from a CAI and tune and stock Headers to CJ intake, tune, still on stock Headers and felt it was worth it? Felt the car pull harder?

Mines stock for now except for my Borla catback. Do I go with just a CAI and tune or the CJ route?
Cant get this i tanke out of my mind. Love the Looks, and I think I would get moore power I can feel with the CJ intake, correct?

I went from just CAI to the Brenspeed power up package that comes with the CJ intake, Ford Racing CAI, GT500 throttlebody and tuner. I also added an OR H pipe. It was a night and day difference for me. Just had it retuned by Lund and that made it even better. With the original tune from Brenspeed I made 413hp/357tq. I haven't been back on the dyno but the Lund tune is much better. Looking to upgrade the TB and add Long tubes next. Hope this helps.

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Went back to the dyno this Monday. Car made 396/364 in 4th gear with headers/cai/tune. Cobra Jet JLT made 441/381 in 5th. Very happy

Users who are viewing this thread