Guys with K member spacers...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Should I just sell my H&R fronts and install the rears? Along with the front coil over kit? Or do you guys recommend a different rear spring? This is a coupe by the way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
Should I just sell my H&R fronts and install the rears? Along with the front coil over kit? Or do you guys recommend a different rear spring? This is a coupe by the way.

I have heard arguments both ways. Some people hate Coil overs on the rears for street heavy cars and just run H&R/Eibach rears while others run Coil Overs all around for street cars.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I have heard arguments both ways. Some people hate Coil overs on the rears for street heavy cars and just run H&R/Eibach rears while others run Coil Overs all around for street cars.
Okay I gotcha. I will try the H&R rears and see how it works out. Then if I don't like it, I'll sell all 4 H&R as a used kit and go with full coil overs all around...

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Do you happen to have a link or part number to the kit you're using?

My man. These packages are talored to your needs. It depends what you are looking for and what u are asking the car to do. Just call MM and talk with one of the guys they will guide you. Once you get your list post it here and let us tell you if that makes sense.

If your slapping a 3.4 on the car what are your plans? One hell of a street car or other plans. What HP goals?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

UnrealSVT

Established Member
My man. These packages are talored to your needs. It depends what you are looking for and what u are asking the car to do. Just call MM and talk with one of the guys they will guide you. Once you get your list post it here and let us tell you if that makes sense.

If your slapping a 3.4 on the car what are your plans? One hell of a street car or other plans. What HP goals?

Okay will do, thanks brother! Looking for one hell of a street car. Something I can turn the wick up on later when I'm ready. 900 would be my ultimate goal...want to retain my stock hood, and appear as a cobra with exhaust and bolt ons.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You won’t have any problems. Think of it as raising the body the drivetrain stays in the same spot

Then to get the car back to normal ride height you have to lower the suspension putting the A-arms at a lowering angle which throws off the suspension geometry somewhat. Drop ball joints may resolve this issue but I would be very reluctant use spacers to raise the chassis off the K-member to get clearance for a big blower.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Okay will do, thanks brother! Looking for one hell of a street car. Something I can turn the wick up on later when I'm ready. 900 would be my ultimate goal...want to retain my stock hood, and appear as a cobra with exhaust and bolt ons.

Thats one hell of a car then. Make sure you upgrade suspension, brakes, transmission and you have to think what you want to do with the rear end...

What are your build plans? Is a performance shop helping you?

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Then to get the car back to normal ride height you have to lower the suspension putting the A-arms at a lowering angle which throws off the suspension geometry somewhat. Drop ball joints may resolve this issue but I would be very reluctant use spacers to raise the chassis off the K-member to get clearance for a big blower.
So if you were going big blower...you would either cut the hood or go cowl then?

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Thats one hell of a car then. Make sure you upgrade suspension, brakes, transmission and you have to think what you want to do with the rear end...

What are your build plans? Is a performance shop helping you?

I am looking into a big brake kit and also a t56 magnum transmission. Still need some suspension components and am planning on FTBR bushing kit and strengthening up my IRS.

I want to have the motor professionally built later on. I don't have much experience with degreeing cams and want to have a reputable shop do it. Any suggestions?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I am warming up my garage I will take some pics for you here in a little while.

With my set up and a 4.0 pulley it did slightly rub on the stock hood. I think some thin hood spacers fixed that though. It wouldn't rub with a 3.5 pulley.

I do have the MM K-member, Solid motor mounts. and coilover conversion.
With 1/2 frame spacers.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
DSC05345.JPG
DSC05339.JPG
DSC05338.JPG

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the info and photos! I think the largest I will run is a 3.5" pulley for e85. Stock kmember, stock mounts (until i see how they hold up) and 1/2" MM spacers. Im going to remove my hood blanket and paint the underside of the hood if necessary...I appreciate you taking the time for the photos!!!

Any interference with your steering shaft? What headers are you running?

Still riding well and handling well? Any difference in feel or steering/cornering?

Thanks!

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I am warming up my garage I will take some pics for you here in a little while.

With my set up and a 4.0 pulley it did slightly rub on the stock hood. I think some thin hood spacers fixed that though. It wouldn't rub with a 3.5 pulley.

I do have the MM K-member, Solid motor mounts. and coilover conversion.
With 1/2 frame spacers.
Off topic...I remember speaking with you a while back in regards to the 3.4 and appreciate the advice on my particular build.

Last we spoke, you were giving me advice on spark plug gapping...and you were talking about that 3.5 pulley tune...how did it work out? Making good power?

Thanks again!

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
No problem. No interference at all and going through the notes(Brads's customs auto) no issues with exhaust or SS. Kooks 1 7/8 with kooks x pipe. had 18x9f and 18x10 rears(FR500 rep's) with R888's 275/35.305/35

Sorry my first Mustang lol. But I will say It surprised the crap out of me how good it handled. We still have 4 leaf clovers on the HW here and it can take one at pretty good speeds. Even with the 8.8.

Front set up: Non offset control arms. Blistein shocks with hypercoil springs(12"250lbs)

Last edited:

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I was going to but the belt I had set for the 3.5 pulley scared me with how tight it was. GatesK080774. So I just ended up getting 2 keys cut and programed so I could have 3 and some amsoil.

But I did just order a new belt. Gates K080780RPM. It's about 3/4 inch longer I think that should do the trick.

I am not trying to go crazy. Plan on just making 25lbs with more timing should get me somewhere around 750-775. Which is fine. After having 1000hp and having to work/pay on it I am done. just want to have fun now.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Sorry Need to fix what I had posted. Going back on the notes.

So the 4.0 pulley did rub until the 1/2 spacers were installed. Once those were installed it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread