H-pipe for after cat and with cat deletes

DeepImpact

Established Member
Anyone using either of these?
https://www.americanmuscle.com/srperformance-highflow-hpipe-1114gt.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-offroad-hpipe-1114gt.html

I just ordered GT500 mufflers. I looked under the car and saw that there are big restrictions in the h-pipe and over axle pipes. I know the GT500’s won’t be loud enough, but I love their exhaust note. I am used to a 500rwhp blown 347 with offroad exhaust in my Fox. I plan to get the Lethal over axle to eliminate the resonators.. I would get their offroad H, but I really want the option to run just the after cat section in case I don’t want it too loud and decide not to fight CA smog like I had to with my 93. Are either of these cheapo pipes any good? I sure like the idea of being able to run with or without cats. I sure wish the Lethal H had that option. I am not sure how much of the gains from the offroad are due to cat elimination vs eliminating the smaller diameter pipe just after the cat. Probably 50/50.
Thanks!

nyuk98GT

Established Member
DeepImpact,

MRT makes an aftercat H-pipe and a catted H-pipe. Not inexpensive but excellent fit and finish. I have the aftercat H on my car and I'm quite happy with it. "CoosawJack" has the catted H-pipe on his GT and he is pleased with it.

The JBA H-pipe looks good, too, and you have the option of going catless.

BTW, I just installed the Lethal Performance OTA pipes and they are awesome. No drone, great tone (deeper), easy installation, superb fit, and reported to free up a few ponies.

HTH,

Chris

noldevin

Established Member
I wouldn't waste time on an after-cat H, you already have one of those. Removing the cats is where any midpipe makes it's power.
Lethal OTAs (or even just having the resonators chopped out of stock) and gt500s make for a great sounding combination.

DeepImpact

Established Member
I love the sound of the GT500’s. I have the Lethal OTA’s ready to go on along with the JBA H pipe. I will run it first with the cats. I am going to guess that half of the mid pipe gains are from the fact that the stock pipe tapers way down to like 2 1/4” after the cats. Eliminating that pinch point has to help. It starts out at 3” and end’s 2.75”, but it is much smaller in the center section. If this doesn’t put me where I want to be then I’ll add the front portion of the H that eliminates the cats. Still need a tune and drag tires. Hoping all of this will net me 11.60 @ 116mph. That is a full second away from my bone stock baseline, but that was on the OEM 4 year old Pirelli’s and crossing the line in the limiter at 110mph. If the AED tune can’t get me there with these few mods, then maybe a CAI and 18 intake manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I have not had the chance yet if you are asking me. Remember the work headaches I told you about? They are growing exponentially. It's on my list of 'to do along with new floors in three rooms, painting room, hanging drywall, installing shelving, putting up backsplash and cleaning out the garage. Twelve to fourteen hours of B'S are sucking the life out of me right now. Being dark by 5:30 isn't helping either. I have 18 days off around Christmas, hoping to finish up every project then...

Users who are viewing this thread