H&R Race spring install question

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I recently installed H&R Race springs and MM CC plates on my car yesterday and after everything was put back together I checked the height gap on the front end and one side is a little over 1/2 inch lower than the other side. I know I'm supposed to get an alignment after the install but can the front end being out of adjustment cause a difference in ride height? It doesn't really make sense to me, but it's got me thinking I did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
16ff850d14c8d0cc0d5a0d784f27297d.jpg
3b586aaace94588df1ab75ad5e7a6a61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Simple answer if the alignment can make a difference...yes. Did you make sure both springs were clocked/indexed the same as they rested in the LCA's? If any, are you using the oem ISO's or new ISO's on the springs? If the springs are new and never been used on another car let them settle for about 250 miles before getting an alignment. If it isn't crazy out of alignment it won't hurt tire wear in that few of break-in miles.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
When i installed them i tried my best to make sure they were seated properly in the LCA. I was by myself so when i jacked everything back into position its possibly it may have shifted a bit and me not notice. I didn't use any ISO's in the front either. I'll let it set a couple of weeks to let everything settle and check everything again. That's about the only thing I know to do unless i take everything apart again.

Black2010

Established Member
How were your struts when you did the job? Were they easy to compress by hand? If so, they are worn and one being worn more than the other can cause one side to sit higher than the other, especially at first.

For example, I just put new struts on my car and once done the car looked like it had stock springs in it again. After the first couple of drives the car is back to normal ride height.

If the springs are indexed correctly then I would look at the struts next if it doesn't settle quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread