H&R Race Springs..Isolators or no Isolators?

nxhappy

Established Member
I will check alignment after install see how she goes

I think I'll remove the top isos and leave the bottoms

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
did you guys need CC plates for alignment ?

I would personally do them at the same time. I did them. You don't want to go drop $125 - $250 on another alignment or drop the struts again. Why gamble? I have Maximum Motorsports and am happy with them.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
^Yep same. When I got my car the front was pretty bad out of alignment so I had a front only done and he told me that he couldn't get it into spec and recommended CC plates. Got those later on and when I had the rear diff serviced they put on the CC plates too. Just get them NX. Not too expensive and well worth it

nxhappy

Established Member
^Yep same. When I got my car the front was pretty bad out of alignment so I had a front only done and he told me that he couldn't get it into spec and recommended CC plates. Got those later on and when I had the rear diff serviced they put on the CC plates too. Just get them NX. Not too expensive and well worth it
thanks for the heads up mate

Speeders

Established Member
Im thinking of making the switch over to H&R Race Springs before I bring my car back out for the year. I cannot find any good info whether or not I should run the isolators and would like some info from people here that are running this spring. Should I install them or leave them out?

Im currently running FRPP B-springs without isolators and the front of my car is slammed. Im trying to get away from that but dont want the car to sit too high as well.

Coil overs in the front with H&R springs in the rear
7ad85cb5f6c4767048305c7e73342c8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hssstang

Established Member
What kinda coilovers you running and rear spring setup/any isos? I'm going in next week to get my mm front coilovers installed and don't know whether to remove the stock isos from my hr races in the rear to get car sitting right.
Coil overs in the front with H&R springs in the rear
7ad85cb5f6c4767048305c7e73342c8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

badmpg03

Established Member
I pulled isos back when and have noticed a fine squeaking with windows up. The look is worth it though, with ISO's my car wasnt dropped as much as I like.

I read that someone had cut a part of bicycle tire and wrapped it around the first couple coils to have a buffer and help with noise. Another had used a small garden hose. Sounds like easy fix but I didn't get to hear about this in time and try it for myself.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I ended up switching my front springs to a set of FRPP C-Springs. Found a set for sale locally for $60 so I decided to go that route. No isolators; wrapped the top and bottom coils with gorilla tape and everything is good. The car isnt slammed but Im happy to have it a little higher. Driving over speed bumps, certain driveways and parking lots is challenging as it is.

Swapped over the Bilstein HDs from 6 year old KYB Excel-Gs at the same time. The car rides totally different. Glad I spent the money on them.

25306469377_984062e752_b.jpg
Untitled by michiganz, on Flickr

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I run H&R Race springs with no ISOs, it looks great and no squeaks so far.

Users who are viewing this thread