hang with hellcat

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
No, for his theory he's saying it right....go down to 3.27s from 3.55s for a roll race from 60. Get the car into 2nd gear and avoid starting in 3rd. Dropping to 3.27s would make the top of 2nd gear more usable.

I'm saying on E85 it's not necessary. Maybe a pulley eaton or pump gas twin screw that might work better from 60

Same car\same driver, clean runs from 60-130 I believe my method would win because with 3.27's you have to shift twice and while in 3rd and 4th, which is where the majority of the pull is taking place, my 3.90 geared version of the car is accelerating harder. Remember I'm ONLY taking about the fastest way to get from 60-130, no other considerations.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Same car\same driver, clean runs from 60-130 I believe my method would win because with 3.27's you have to shift twice and while in 3rd and 4th, which is where the majority of the pull is taking place, my 3.90 geared version of the car is accelerating harder. Remember I'm ONLY taking about the fastest way to get from 60-130, no other considerations.

I absolutely agree....your "end game" top speed mark should be the goal of the gearing...essentially target the top of 4th gear say crossing the 1/4 mile line might be ones goal on the gearing choice. 5th gear pulls aren't real smart in these cars for a number of reasons. Trying to gear choice by some 60mph roll that puts you in 2nd gear is probably extremely low on anyone's priority except bench racing

Now take the really crazy "bonzai" top end cars....like that badass ford gt that ran the Texas Mile approaching 300mph....his gearing choice is a whole lot different set of priorities LOL

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Ha that's funny. Torque is how fast you can go, horsepower is how fast you'll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So a higher hp car should beat a car with higher torque at the track? If the differences are marginal, is what you're saying?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Fellas... fellas... have we not learned anything?

HP is how fast you hit the wall... torque is how far you take it.

Horse power wins races.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Horsepower is a calculation using TQ:

torque multiplied by RPM divided by 5,252

Then of course correction factors/industry standards come into play

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
OP sneak in a e85 rated fuel system, more boost and timing and knock on 700hp and smoke that HC! When's the race happening anyway? Definitely get it on film!

Users who are viewing this thread