Has anyone noticed significant clutch shudder on light engagement from a stop?

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Just curious. I have a customer who has 1200 miles on the clock and when you first engage the clutch in 1st or 2nd with easy engagement like creeping forward or backward, it has significant shudder. I haven't noticed this in a couple others I've driven. Has anyone experienced this or heard or it? Thanks in advance.

14ksstang

Established Member
Yep I have. But I also feel like my clutch doesn't fully disengage all the time either. I can be at a stop light pedal to the floor and shift from neutral to first and the car tries to jump forward.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
My clutch is terrible feels soft all the time and doesn't wanna disengage at times. It's going in next week for it. I have a rxt from my 14 I'm waiting to hear if it will swap over if it does it's going in

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Thanks guys. I went and test drove a base track pack car with 8 miles on it last night and it did it just as bad. Very noticeable.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Sounds like you are coming off the clutch at too low of an rpm. Bring it up a few hundred then let off. It should smooth out. Same exact thing happened with the 07-09 gt500 cars because of the clutch material. It was more grabby at lower rpm and would rattle your teeth out if you didn't start at least 1k rpm or higher.

jdcobra

Established Member
Sounds like you are coming off the clutch at too low of an rpm. Bring it up a few hundred then let off. It should smooth out. Same exact thing happened with the 07-09 gt500 cars because of the clutch material. It was more grabby at lower rpm and would rattle your teeth out if you didn't start at least 1k rpm or higher.

This :beer: haven't had disengagement issues. People complain about the clutch being soft and not being able to feel the disengagement but I can. :shrug:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Okay, I take what I wrote back. I feel the shudder when moving from a stop and from 1st to 2nd. I never had this issue in my Boss 302 or my Viper.

Last edited:

sKyZ

Mine is bone stock and I notice the chatter in 1st and 2nd gear. I normally hear it when I'm pulling in to a parking spot and push in the clutch and brake. I also notice it when in reverse, or when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. I'm bringing it in to the dealership next week to be checked. It sounds like something shuttering.

spectreman

Established Member
I've got a low level of manageable chatter in my stock '09 GT500 clutch. Annoying at times but easy to work with otherwise.

My '08 Bullitt & '14 GT had zero chatter altho the '08 pedal was much heavier than the '14. Still, both smooth as butter; the '14 clutch was exceptional.
Lee

wjfawb0

Established Member
I don't particularly care for the pedal and lack of feel in my 2015. There is no feedback, and I often am afraid I'm burning it up as I slip it and try to get going. If I try to slip it any quicker I can actually stall the car. I kind of miss the heavy ass cable clutch from my 03 Cobra.

raptorgabe

Established Member
mineis like that also i thought maybe im th eonly one! should have the steeda spring soon see if it helps

Stevenkassen

Mine is bone stock and I notice the chatter in 1st and 2nd gear. I normally hear it when I'm pulling in to a parking spot and push in the clutch and brake. I also notice it when in reverse, or when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. I'm bringing it in to the dealership next week to be checked. It sounds like something shuttering.

I think I am having the same problem with my 2015 5.0 also

Did you ever find out what was causing it?

Thanks steven

Users who are viewing this thread