hcm carbon chin spoiler

blownfox

Established Member
How many people woukd be interested in a carbon chin spoiler? I have supplies being shipped to me now to start making carbon parts. There are a few cobra items I planned to tackle and a chin spoiler was one of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Depending on the price and shipping cost I would be interested in it. I just bought several spare body panels from ford and the chin spoiler was one of them.

Who is making the tooling for you? When I work at Goodrich Interiors there was a guy on the east side that owns a gen 2 lightning that would make a lot of tools for us. I think his name was Brian.

Doing a CF chin becomes a slippery slope for me because I would want to change out all the black plastic panels to CF. Similar to what 2004cobra615 posted.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Depending on the price and shipping cost I would be interested in it. I just bought several spare body panels from ford and the chin spoiler was one of them.

Who is making the tooling for you? When I work at Goodrich Interiors there was a guy on the east side that owns a gen 2 lightning that would make a lot of tools for us. I think his name was Brian.

Doing a CF chin becomes a slippery slope for me because I would want to change out all the black plastic panels to CF. Similar to what 2004cobra615 posted.
Yeah I plan on getting rid of plastic as well... Would rather have TF wheels and big brakes first. So that's on back burner for now.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Planned small items to start. Making stuff like this isn't a speedy process. I planned to make my own hood down the road and other items. A major project I want to tackle is carbon cobra Mirrors.I want to do bullit side scoops on my car and planned to make those out of carbon as well. I havnt seen the side splitters from carbon driven. I'm sure they wouldn't be a tough item to make. Anything I make will be a few months out since my OCD wont let me rush items. I work in composites for a living and finally decided to so some side work with it.

Yep totally understand it isn't a quick process, well keep us posted on how development goes. fyi Carbon Driven makes the splitters in a fiberglass and CF material, the CF splitters are priced pretty high.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member

I do my own tooling. It's what I have done in aerospace the last ten years lol. Yeah I know what you mean about wanting to change all the black plastic

Nightmare90gt

Established Member

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I will be out of the county for work until mid March. Once I get back I will start working on a molld and will share the progress with you guys. As far as something that is larger than stock that is feasible but woukd require alot more time to fab a mold etc. I am not opposed to trting new stuff just woukd be something that I woukd work down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread