Hellcat Priced at $59k

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
i thought i was the only one noticing that! All this "gt500 owners are butthurt" has me stumped, too. I haven't seen any butthurt posts from gt500 owners. Most of the negative comments are coming from people who don't even own a gt500. I'm pretty sure most of us gt500 owners on this forum are already well beyond 700 crank hp, and it's so easy to add more on the relatively cheap. All the people around here crying "butthurt" are just trying to stir up shit. And like you said, a good many of us think the hellcat is cool while others are like "meh, whatever." i guess if we post anything that's not gushing praise on the hellcat, that translates to being butthurt. If i'm not mistaken, i was one of, if not the first to post up sound clips of the thing!

Maybe it could just be other car owners are trying to get us to feel intimidated by the hellcat? :shrug: I think i speak for quite a lot of us when i say the intimidation factor is non-existent.

... Whoa whoa whoa, calm down man.

paluka21

Established Member
We all just need to be happy that we're arguing over what 650/700 hp "production" car is better.

How true that is! Isn't it awesome to be involved in today's performance car world? In the early/mid 90's when I got into performance cars, today's cars were absolutely unheard of.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Just checking back in again. I want to make sure all the GT500 owners are still doing ok? I'ma check back in a little bit again just to keep an eye on you.

:lol:

I own a GT500 and a SRT8...09...also had a 08 str8 challenger..Although the GT500 was always faster, more so with the kenne-bell..the challenger is a more pleasing car to drive..I plan to trade 09 SRT-8 in on a hellcat,then I will have two 10 sec cars!

You sir are the man!! Nice Stable.

... Whoa whoa whoa, calm down man.

:lol:

Spudz

Established Member
Glad I'm not the only one who was cocking an eyebrow at all these butthurt GT500 comments. I haven't seen much of anything from the community that can be construed as such.

I still love my car and will hold on to her for years and years to come with no regrets, no matter what else comes out that is faster and more powerful. It's just a fact there will always be something newer and better.

xenodragon

Established Member
I still love my car and will hold on to her for years and years to come with no regrets, no matter what else comes out that is faster and more powerful. It's just a fact there will always be something newer and better.

+1. There will always be something better and faster out or coming out. At some point you just have to like what you drive or you will drive yourself crazy. I am finally in the position where I can afford these types of cars that are coming out, but do I want a 707hp challenger? TBH I think I would rather have a 4 door M3 that most likely will be more enjoyable on an everyday basis. Still very excited about the Hellcat and would love to have that or a 13/14 GT500.

mnewxcv

Established Member
We all just need to be happy that we're arguing over what 650/700 hp "production" car is better.

wait-what-gif.gif

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
There's a whole lotta GT500 hate in these Hellcat threads. Haven't seen much butthurt though.

I am not really in any "camp" per se. But I would just like to add that NONE of anything that anyone is arguing about in these threads matters at all on earth. I come here looking for content on the car, and have to wade through pages of people's shit...most of whom have no dog in the fight as it is...

Can't wait to see a HC in person.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Can't we all just be happy the manufactures are keeping our horsepower craze going. We live in great times to be able to even talk about awesome cars let alone own them. Just my .02

Rotzs99

Established Member
There's a whole lotta GT500 hate in these Hellcat threads. Haven't seen much butthurt though.

I am not really in any "camp" per se. But I would just like to add that NONE of anything that anyone is arguing about in these threads matters at all on earth. I come here looking for content on the car, and have to wade through pages of people's shit...most of whom have no dog in the fight as it is...

I think the butthurt comes more from the people that argue we don't accept it as the greatest car of all time.

Hellcat looks pretty good in person but not a whole lot different from a regular Challenger. The one I saw was quiet too.

paluka21

Established Member

I couldn't agree me. Let me know if you need to borrow my knee high rubber boots for efficient wading. :beer:

Kewlv8

Established Member
Just checking back in again. I want to make sure all the GT500 owners are still doing ok? I'ma check back in a little bit again just to keep an eye on you.

Somebody is a little hurt by the GT500. Get dusted by a few? C'mon son, let it out. Stop mumbling and face your demons. I like that a car can get under your skin. LMFAO

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Hellcat looks pretty good in person but not a whole lot different from a regular Challenger. The one I saw was quiet too.

The 13/14 GT500 wasnt a whole lot different from the regular Mustang either, asthetically.

Pretty kickass to see 707hp fromthe factory- When will these be available, I wonder?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The way I see it is nobody really butthurt but it seems some are using the same argument that was used AGAINST the shelby when its compared to the ZL1/Z28 or C6Z06. Now that it seems the shoe is on the other foot the track/turning/weight angle is brought up. We all know these cars will meet in the street/highway 98% of the time anyway.

You sure it was a HellCat? All the videos that have been posted show this car to be pretty loud stock. My 06' if pretty loud for a stock car.

Rotzs99

Established Member
The way I see it is nobody really butthurt but it seems some are using the same argument that was used AGAINST the shelby when its compared to the ZL1/Z28 or C6Z06. Now that it seems the shoe is on the other foot the track/turning/weight angle is brought up. We all know these cars will meet in the street/highway 98% of the time anyway.

You sure it was a HellCat? All the videos that have been posted show this car to be pretty loud stock. My 06' if pretty loud for a stock car.

Absolutely. At cruising speeds ~70mph the Fiat 500 Abarth tailing it was louder. Although, from a friend that tests pre-production cars, he says they've only been using the 500hp key so that could be why.

Users who are viewing this thread