Hellcat Whine

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
there is a mystic about hellcats for me. I constantly fight the urge to test drive one. These videos certainly don't help. Thanks guys. Temptation is a b****!

Jefe

Established Member
If there is one gripe I have about the CTS-V's, ZR1's, pretty much all of GM's supercharged cars is that the top of the engine(intercooler/heat exchanger?) just doesn't do it for me in the looks department.
I'd still rock the Hell out of the Hellcat!
Here are some photos of the IHI 2.4 twin screw torn down

dodge-challenger-hellcat-supercharger-jpg-jpg.110697

parts-2.jpg

70jfwg8ck2wwo056g.jpg

I have been toying with the idea too, but have heard a few folks put their stock box back on because it was so loud for a DD.
That's really loud under normal load though. Not sure if that would annoy me eventually.
I have seen a few guys go back to stock because of it but I love it. In my video I could have given it less throttle and it wouldn't be so loud. You can still drive like a grandpa and barely hear the blower. Any more than 1/8 throttle you will get whine though
there is a mystic about hellcats for me. I constantly fight the urge to test drive one. These videos certainly don't help. Thanks guys. Temptation is a b****!
The Demons are being ordered right now and a lot of Hellcats will be up for sale soon. Give it a few months and start the search!!

Jefe

Established Member
The for sale threads are already starting. Someone just posted this white '16 Charger with 2,300 miles for $55K. [email protected] 847-276-5690

fox_0263-jpg.213913

Jefe

Established Member
Thats the cheapest Charger I've seen since buying mine. He just needs out from under it fast. Sold the Tesla for it and now he wants a Mercedes

daves03svt

Established Member
Just picked my car up today after a 2.85 upper install and tune. Already had the lmi, now the scream is even better. Part throttle acceleration sounds like my old KB cobra at wot lol.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Love the performance gains with that CAI but I would rather not have the whine. Rode in one this spring and for a DD it was a bit too much. Now, for a toy that is not a DD I'd go for it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Love the performance gains with that CAI but I would rather not have the whine. Rode in one this spring and for a DD it was a bit too much. Now, for a toy that is not a DD I'd go for it.

just drove a car we pullley'd, and I can see that. It was LOUD, and I'd want that shit quiet after about a week. For some reason loud ass exhaust doesnt bother me though, my cobra has Offroad longtubes to stingers......I cant even hear my blower :D

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Just picked my car up today after a 2.85 upper install and tune. Already had the lmi, now the scream is even better. Part throttle acceleration sounds like my old KB cobra at wot lol.

Any chance you could post a video?

I would love to hear what it sounds like after a pulley swap.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have a Youtube video?

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
That sounds amazing! Love the whine on the hellcat reminds me of my old '04 Cobra with the 2.93 on it. I just picked up my '17 Destroyer Gray Charger Hellcat two weeks ago. Just hit 500 miles and ready to start modding. Legmaker intake is first on the list.

daves03svt

Established Member
I will try to get a vid of the whine next week. Down at Disneyland with the family this weekend. Can't wait to get home and really open her up, as I only had one day of heavy traffic driving since the upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread