Help finding a remote tuner

QAK

Established Member
Hi, my name is Chris and i live in Topeka ks. I tried leaving 04sleeper and message but havent heard back yet so I thought I would check here if anyone knows how to get ahold of him or anyone else that would be a good remote tuner. below is my combo, if anyone could help me otherwise I will be buying the sct pro racer and getting a base tune from don lasota.

2001 mustang gt
automatic trans with 4200 stall (way too high imho)
mmr600 short block with 5000 miles on it
stock heads
mmr stage 3 blower cams
main studs and head studs
factory exhaust manifolds
pypes 2.5 with violator mufflers and NO cats
80 pound injectors
seems to be factory maf and throttle body
procharger f1d with cooler
new twin gt500 pumps no bap
tuned on 91 by show me speed in nixa mo

The tune is NOT right, cold start is ok but after that you have to floor it to get it to start and it smells really rich. It surges and runs like a fairly slow gt until you get to boost then its all on. It is not smooth and if you give it just like half throttle and dont floor it and keep in it, it will die out and go back to an idle. On this 91 tune it made 481hp with 16 pounds boost, po said it had an e85 tune in it and I am not opposed to going back to that but would like a 91 and e85 tunes. I know it has much more power in it but more than that I want it right and more driveable and safely tuned. Thanks for any help you can offer.............CHRIS

cj428mach

Established Member
Might hit up Malcolmv8, he remote tunes, and also is only in the KC area so not to far if you need to get together on it.

decipha

Established Member
i think jist about everyone does remote tunes

as stated, if u have someone local thats always best

your numbers arent too far off, id expect that setup to make 500 or so, if its tuned for e85 id expect it to be pretty dangerous on pump and make more power than that, the little bit richer it runs on pump isnt going to offset the power from the overadvanced timing by a long shot unless the tune is really that far off

QAK

Established Member
Ok thanks for the reply! Its with Malcolmv8 right now and its mostly sorted out. I just have to get it back and run a new bigger power wire to the gt pumps and see if that's why fuel pressure is going down to 7psi!! Also had to order a cobra tank because its dying on left turns after 1/2 a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread