Help from boss owners!

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
So as of yesterday I traded my 03 terminator in for a 2013 boss and need thoughts and advise. Upgrades known as of now are the following. Whipple 2.9 blower, jlt intake, ID1000 injectors, and was told roush racing exhaust(not sure on the exhaust just what was told). So my first ? Is driving home on the highway the wideband was jumping from rich to lean and caused jerking I believe it may be running lean not getting enough fuel? Suggestions on that would help I didn't have a wideband on the termi but never had that problem with the ported eaton? Question 2 what's kinda upgrades are good for these cars or anything that should be known about them that you wished you'd known when y'all first got yalls? The terminator was the newest year model I had and it seems these cars have come along way since 03. The smoothness and ride on them are unbelieveable but all the electronics kinda overwhelmed me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Congrats on a sweet ride! Dealer or private seller?

AS for the issues, try Resetting the battery. Could also be bad/wrong gas or fuel pump issues. Check all of your clamps and Plug connections to see if anything came loose. I'd research the Coyote shops nearby and take it in for a good look over.

If it was a dealer, it would be nice to get in touch with the previous owner and shop that did the work to see what was done that cannot be seen.

The oil pump gears and timing/crank gear are known weak points and it would be wise to change them out to the billet parts. Hopefully the previous owner did that during the blower install.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Congrats on a sweet ride! Dealer or private seller?

AS for the issues, try Resetting the battery. Could also be bad/wrong gas or fuel pump issues. Check all of your clamps and Plug connections to see if anything came loose. I'd research the Coyote shops nearby and take it in for a good look over.

If it was a dealer, it would be nice to get in touch with the previous owner and shop that did the work to see what was done that cannot be seen.

The oil pump gears and timing/crank gear are known weak points and it would be wise to change them out to the billet parts. Hopefully the previous owner did that during the blower install.

A dealer. I was told they had a shop(I never heard of) tune it but it wasn't dyno tuned or any data logs done before the tune he just plugged a programmer in it and that's it. The wideband just goes crazy and jerks. I drove it today and even shut off coming up to stop signs the rpms would jus drop. That's good thinking though man I will try to contact the previous owner and get a better idea of stuff I can't see.
d82d3b63e4ade0aa572e3995c0bbe9d9.png

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
A dealer. I was told they had a shop(I never heard of) tune it but it wasn't dyno tuned or any data logs done before the tune he just plugged a programmer in it and that's it. The wideband just goes crazy and jerks. I drove it today and even shut off coming up to stop signs the rpms would jus drop. That's good thinking though man I will try to contact the previous owner and get a better idea of stuff I can't see.
d82d3b63e4ade0aa572e3995c0bbe9d9.png

Man that is a good looking boss!! Congrats...hope you get the wrinkles ironed out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Looks great! I would not drive it with this condition. Who knows what tune is in it. You're risking a very expensive motor. Get it to a reputable Mustang shop ASAP.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Looks great! I would not drive it with this condition. Who knows what tune is in it. You're risking a very expensive motor. Get it to a reputable Mustang shop ASAP.

Thanks I'll try to get some more pics. But amen I agree, I'm def considering adding the $20/month to my payment to cover anything that break(nonaftermarket) for only $100 deductible. What sucks is I'll have to drive it an hr away through the mountains to get to the shop to do it. I can borrow a trailer but don't have a vehicle that can haul it through the mountains. The guy im taking it to is Joe Davis at redline performance in Asheville NC? I've never used him with my terminators or anything but hear a lot of good things. I used to use dan and Prodyno(fortmill sc) for all my stuff. Both about an hr away.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Rick @ Amazon Tuning Pendleton, SC. I would make the dealer pay for everything until it's correct. Any extra warranty company will fight you tooth and nail. I'd pass.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
As of right now guys I'm waiting on and email to get answers from somebody. Redline performance says for some reason whoever flashed tuned it done something to were when the cars being data logged it won't read but a few things. So I guess I'm in a waiting game for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
As of right now guys I'm waiting on and email to get answers from somebody. Redline performance says for some reason whoever flashed tuned it done something to were when the cars being data logged it won't read but a few things. So I guess I'm in a waiting game for a few days

Or contact Shaun with aed....he was very helpful with my boss with my cobra jet setup....great customer service

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Shaun is preferred for locals or mail order. IMO he needs a professional to put his hands on it. I'd make the dealer fix it all.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Shaun is preferred for locals or mail order. IMO he needs a professional to put his hands on it. I'd make the dealer fix it all.
Probably so.....just trying to throw another option out there.....not trying to steer him wrong....just figured another brain may help get him back up and running....would or could the dealer fix this??

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
From what I'm understanding the dealer should be I feel it'd be a waist of time because it being a used car you sign a "as is" document not sure of the actual name of it. But in nc a dealer can't sell a car with emissions check lights on and the flash tune that's in is for lack of better words covering up stuff so it doesn't show. Finally got some data logs on it and it most def shoulda been throwing up all kinds of codes. But we're talking about a law suit here. Sucks cuz I just traded my terminator in for it that come to find out was a branded title after the dealer signed the odometer disclosure agreement and lied. So as of right now this is probably the last used car I buy for a very long time cuz used car dealers will outright crap you out of things and lie through their teeth. Not only did my 03 have a washed title and was branded and the dealer signed the odometer disclosure agreement that it was actual miles but after calling the states bmv and being transferred to the vehicle inspector they didn't even have a license to sell cars when I got it. Smh

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
From what I'm understanding the dealer should be I feel it'd be a waist of time because it being a used car you sign a "as is" document not sure of the actual name of it. But in nc a dealer can't sell a car with emissions check lights on and the flash tune that's in is for lack of better words covering up stuff so it doesn't show. Finally got some data logs on it and it most def shoulda been throwing up all kinds of codes. But we're talking about a law suit here. Sucks cuz I just traded my terminator in for it that come to find out was a branded title after the dealer signed the odometer disclosure agreement and lied. So as of right now this is probably the last used car I buy for a very long time cuz used car dealers will outright crap you out of things and lie through their teeth. Not only did my 03 have a washed title and was branded and the dealer signed the odometer disclosure agreement that it was actual miles but after calling the states bmv and being transferred to the vehicle inspector they didn't even have a license to sell cars when I got it. Smh

Holy crap!!!!! Man I hate that for you. That is truly messed up. I hope you can get some kind of resolution in all of this

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Dang brother. So sorry about this. I would doing everything in my power to fight the SOB's. Make the best of it if things don't go your way. Live and learn, right.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Well as far as this car goes I believe my tuners gotten everything figured out so hopefully I can go up there tomorrow and everything will be straight. (Even though I had to pay $600 for a tune immediately after financing a $40,000 car!) but the cobra def sucked. I had to trade in for $15,000. I could have fought it I def had a case but as my lawyer said the dealer being in Indiana and me in sc if in suing you have to take the lawsuit to them. And I def could/would have one I had the paperwork clear cut and dry. But it would have been a long drawn out process probably over a year or so period. I would have been compisated for my lawyer but initially have to find/buy a lawyer in Indiana take time off work to go there for a consultation plus gas/hotel fees and then go back possibly 2 or more times. The Bible says the got says "let vengeance be mine" I'm a hole hearted believe in the lord and they'll face their time of judgement for what they've done as well as everybody. Good things will come to me and to those who have faith and have a good heart. I also tithe malachi 3:10 says" Bring you all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house, and prove me now herewith, said the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." I believe I will be blessed for my obedience somewhere down the line. I'm a child of the living king. Even though I'm going through hard times and battles right now.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
So the Boss title is good? I guess I read that wrong, thankfully! Have a great Easter!

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
So the Boss title is good? I guess I read that wrong, thankfully! Have a great Easter!

Yes the title on the boss is good lol thank god. Although I did get a little scared when I took it up there the flash tune was for a 2011-12 gt. Double checked the vin online it's a boss lol. Happy Easter to you to. I hope everyone on here remembers what tomorrow is all about. The resurrection of the savior if the events that happened tomorrow 2000 years ago never happened. We would all surely be going to the fiery bottomless pit of hell. Praise the the lord!

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Well hopefully the silver lining in all of this is that once you get the tuning ironed out that you'll have a very enjoyable car

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Well hopefully the silver lining in all of this is that once you get the tuning ironed out that you'll have a very enjoyable car

I think I will. When I pick it up I'll take some more pics and get list some upgrades see what all you boss guys think.

Users who are viewing this thread