Help from boss owners!

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Well now I've got it back. It's def a lot better than it was but still has some start up issues. He's a stand up guy though and is gonna look at it again but now I've got an issue I'm not sure what it is. I'm thinking a clutch issue during take off there a lot of popping and carrying on. Wondering if it's still the stock clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you got it a least "drivable" ish.....maybe there's light at the end and your headache will be over.....just stay positive about it.....keep us posted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
If he swapped the stock clutch (as he should've) for a Twin disc, they make some noise at lower rpm's. Get a hold of the previous owner and start asking questions.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
If he swapped the stock clutch (as he should've) for a Twin disc, they make some noise at lower rpm's. Get a hold of the previous owner and start asking questions.

I can't the dealer bought it from an auction. It's not really a noice like that. It's a noice like oh crap the def don't sound good. :/ I think it'll be alright once this issue is fixed and yea keep everyone updated. On the bright side the car made around 723hp :) lol but I do need some advice most the terminator owners and myself use mcleod clutch if it is a clutch issue is there any advice. I've been hearing chatter about mantic clutches?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't the dealer bought it from an auction. It's not really a noice like that. It's a noice like oh crap the def don't sound good. :/ I think it'll be alright once this issue is fixed and yea keep everyone updated. On the bright side the car made around 723hp :) lol but I do need some advice most the terminator owners and myself use mcleod clutch if it is a clutch issue is there any advice. I've been hearing chatter about mantic clutches?

Ooooooo weeeeeee!!!! That's some good power!!!!!

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Glad you got it a least "drivable" ish.....maybe there's light at the end and your headache will be over.....just stay positive about it.....keep us posted

I will man. Thanks for the positive attitude while I'm down lol it sucks financing 35k on a car and immediately having to spend $600 on a tune now who knows what. I'm a mechanic in a textile factory but being a new/newer car like this I'd rather someone with more experience deal with it. As I asked the other member if it is a clutch, any clutch suggestions? I hear chatter about mantic which I've never heard of until recently.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Not much help on the clutch.....I'm still on stock clutch but when it's time I'm going with mcleod as well.....maybe some others will chime in with a bit more info

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Something broken inside the driveshaft is the noise I was hearing. I guess I'll be going to the carbon fiber driveshaft

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Something broken inside the driveshaft is the noise I was hearing. I guess I'll be going to the carbon fiber driveshaft

Glad you caught it early before it decided to let go.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Amen to that. That wouldn't have ended well. I also found out I have a 13-14 gt500 transmission underneath today as well. So a little upside to all this lol

Hey that's a good little "pick me up" news to get. Glad to hear that for you. Another sign to keep your head up, it's starting to all come together now

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Oh yeah they guys were I took the car knew about my car before I even got it there. There friends with the guy who tuned it. Apparently he sent them video of my car on the dyno too and pictures. (I didn't even see these) but uncorrected numbers on the dyno was 794. He had to take timing out of it. And the crazy thing is the knock sensor works in my car. The car was trying to give it more timing. That's crazy numbers.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh yeah they guys were I took the car knew about my car before I even got it there. There friends with the guy who tuned it. Apparently he sent them video of my car on the dyno too and pictures. (I didn't even see these) but uncorrected numbers on the dyno was 794. He had to take timing out of it. And the crazy thing is the knock sensor works in my car. The car was trying to give it more timing. That's crazy numbers.

Man those are crazy numbers!!! Glad to hear you got somebody that knows the car and has been around it.....making me wanna ditch the cobra jet setup I have on now...lol

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
No BAP and 93 octane is what it was tuned on. I haven't gotten on it myself my boost gauge pulls the vacuum I haven't had a chance to get on it to see how many lbs it's actually pushing but tuner said around 14 when it was on the dyno. I dont know if it has a full return system yet. I haven't even had the car in my possession but a day since I've had it. As of now I know it has the 2.9 whipple not sure what gen yet. ID 1000 injectors, gt500 transmission. I'll get all the info I can as soon as I get it back post pictures of the car and pics of the dyno charts. And if I can get the video I'll post it

Users who are viewing this thread