HELP Guys! Wheel and Tire sizes, fender rolling and low pro IRS bolt?

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
So I just got my AFS wheels: Fronts 18 x 9, +26mm offset (6.11 backspacing) and Rears 18 x 10.5, +27mm offset (6.9 backspacing).

I plan on getting the Falken RT615s all around. The fronts will be 265/35/18 and rears will be a 315/30/18.

My car is lowered about 1.5" front and about 1.3" in the rear.

Now my question is..Will I need to roll my fenders and install the IRS low pro bolt for making the 315s fit on the rear? I know the Falkens run a little narrow compared to other brands. I have done tons of research and did not find much. A lot of guys are getting away without rolling their fenders and some are not?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It comes down to the tire and rim fitment. When I got my 04 it had 10.5 Cobra repros in the back with Sumitomo 315's. No rubbing issues at all. Swapped to my FR500's with Nitto 555R's and got rubbing on big dips. I had to roll the fenders. Those same FR500's rubbed on my 01. The best thing is to mount them and look everything over.

FWIW, the only bolt issue I have is when the suspension is at full droop. That's the only time the tire hits the IRS bolt.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
It comes down to the tire and rim fitment. When I got my 04 it had 10.5 Cobra repros in the back with Sumitomo 315's. No rubbing issues at all. Swapped to my FR500's with Nitto 555R's and got rubbing on big dips. I had to roll the fenders. Those same FR500's rubbed on my 01. The best thing is to mount them and look everything over.

FWIW, the only bolt issue I have is when the suspension is at full droop. That's the only time the tire hits the IRS bolt.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

You are right!...I guess it all depends on the tires too and test fitting. I think I will use the IRS low pro bolt just for some peace of mind, lol.

SLPCobra

Established Member
Definitely what everyone else said
I wanted a bit of tire poke out of the fender well so I got 17x11s with a 345 tire on it. Low profile bolts fenders rolled as much and possible and stiffer shocks still rub on dips but I love the look lol

zPipes

Established Member
I have 285's in the rear, used to have spacers on them a long time ago, they did rub with spacers. Im guessing 315 would rub, but ive never had tires that big on mine. A lot of guys have tho. I believe my rear is dropped a bit lower than yours tho.

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
View attachment 1437612 So, I was able to fit the 315s on the rears. Turns out I did not need to roll my fenders but I will now need to lower my car more. I had to also install the IRS low profile bolts. Currently, running a 1" spacer until I find me a smaller spacer as the 315s were sitting tucked in a bit for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread