Help: P0320 and P061C Codes

xxv0odo0xx

Established Member
I have a bone stock, light use 2012 Mustang Boss 302 (3000 miles). I have been having trouble with what feels like a fuel cut, which throws a P0320 (Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit) code and P061C (Internal Control Module Torque Performance) code. The car drives great for a short while (20 minutes to an hour), then the problem persists and make the car unable to drive at any speed...

When I experience the fuel cut, the dashboard shows the wrench and CEL light. If I clear the code, the car drives perfect, but the code will come back shortly. When the code returns, the car cuts fuel and you will not be able to move even in first gear. I barely made it home, clearing the code three times in a 7 mile drive.

I purchased a brand new Motorcraft battery hoping this would solve the issue. I was afraid of a low voltage situation caused either by a dead cell or a faulty alternator. Replacing the battery and hooking up a multimeter showed that neither battery or alternator causes this problem. The voltage was between 13.7-14V, and climbing with the air conditioning on high. I also replaced the Fuel Relay located in the fuse box to eliminate the variable. The fuel pump is priming and running fine, to my knowledge, until the code returns.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any suspicions as to what is causing the problem? I am going to post this message on a few boards, and see if anyone has any helpful suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread