Help with Master Cylinder\Brakes\PS

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
So I replaced my factory Power steering res with a True forged res a few days ago and have run into an issue. I had to bleed the power steering after filling the new res full, but for the life of me could not get the system to bleed properly( that damn power steering pump sure can scream). I know a little about the function of a Master Cyl and brake booster on most cars, and knew they can effect both PS and Brakes. So while i had the front of the car jacked up, I turned the wheel slowly left lock to right lock while i also pumped the brake a few times. This seemed to bleed the power steering system and the whine went away. I took the car for a drive, but noticed that I was slowly losing both my power steering and brake pedal at the same time. It is now at the point where neither the PS or brakes work easily, it is a battle for sure.

I bled the Master cylinder on the car, and with the bleed screws open the pedal presses smooth to the floor. As soon as i close the bleed screws, the pedal is almost as solid as a rock. PS is still a no go. I did open the PS res and the fluid is moving considerably, so i don't think the PS pump is dead.

Did i screw up the Master Cyl in the process of bleeding the PS? Is it something that can be rebuilt or is a new one a must? Any other things i should look at? Thanks for any input in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread