Hi guys, new here...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Cool. It worked.. thanks again. It's hard to see, but it has the black painted roof also. Love my car!!!

Congrats! I didn't even know you could get the black roof and stripes together. I was considering having the roof of my R wrapped in black, but didn't know if it would look weird with the stripes.

... I love them colors. It's funny though, there is no ugly 350's. ...

What's really funny is how pictures don't do the GT350 justice. I drove by a black one yesterday, and it looked SO badass. It made me think, "I wonder if my R looks that menacing on the road."

Drewsky65

Established Member
Congrats! I didn't even know you could get the black roof and stripes together. I was considering having the roof of my R wrapped in black, but didn't know if it would look weird with the stripes.

What's really funny is how pictures don't do the GT350 justice. I drove by a black one yesterday, and it looked SO badass. It made me think, "I wonder if my R looks that menacing on the road."

funny i have always says the same. the 350 has much more of a wow factor in person! as far as the black roof, i LOVE them with black roof's AND stripes. they did come this way 16 and 17, apparently no longer in 2018. I had my roof done black as part of the deal. cool thing is the wrap will come off if I ever choose to go back.

QT black roof.JPEG

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Did you wrap over the stock stripes or pulled the roof stripes off?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I wonder the same thing. I don't really want to take them off because these stripes are expensive as heck. Even just for portions of them. I think mine would look good as a Lightning Blue stripe delete with black roof, but it also looks good with the matte black stripes. I wouldn't want to end up regretting pulling them off.

Drewsky65

Established Member
I wonder the same thing. I don't really want to take them off because these stripes are expensive as heck. Even just for portions of them. I think mine would look good as a Lightning Blue stripe delete with black roof, but it also looks good with the matte black stripes. I wouldn't want to end up regretting pulling them off.

Matte Black, yah that's the best! that is an R only thing inst it?
there is Soooo many good color combos on these cars. I also love the Grabber blue white stripe, avalanche grey black stripe. or anything with a black roof striped or no stripes.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, I believe the matte black stripes are an R exclusive. I do love the look of them, especially with the red accent stripes. I think my next favorite GT350 is the Deep Impact Blue, gloss black stripes, cashmere accent striped Track Pack. Makes my mouth water when I see that combo. And I don't even like Deep Impact Blue! But all GT350s are hot!

Red dragon

Established Member
Did about 250-300 miles yesterday... all I can say is these cars are amazing.. they definitely live up to the hype. They might not be the fastest cars, but definitely one of the best of everything.. well balanced piece of machinery.. very happy to own one

Red dragon

Established Member
Have about 1,000 miles in the seat of the new to me car. Still cant believe how great an all around car this is. I bought this car to drive. And I'm sure by the end of this year I'll put 20,000-25,000 miles on it. I just got out of a 16 mustang gt, and it's literally laughable that I thought that car was nice. This car is night and day. Its stuck to the road, compared to just breaking loose and drifting down every street I wacked the throttle on.. so far I love the handling, the hook up, and the power of this car. And most of all, the driving experience in it.

Red dragon

Established Member
Other then that, still love the car. Drove again most of the weekend. The handling is still very impressive, well, it was until that happened..
8ea2cffb6ea2340ba95a213b5c4089e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ANGREY

Established Member
Anyone here ever have this code come up?View attachment 1484076

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Car is in limp mode. It can do this for several reasons. Mine has done it twice, because of what the computer says is a bad fire in one of the cylinders (not overheating). Most guys get it because of running the car hard without the coolers (pre-17 non-track pack cars).

It won't let you switch modes and won't allow you more than slight throttle position or over a very low rpm. Basically, it's intended to "limp" the car until you can get somewhere and fix whatever the computer deems as a potentially harmful condition.

I have an N-guage on my car, so I can read codes and reset/clear them. Both times it happened to me, I simply cleared the code, turned off the vehicle and started it up. Went back to normal. Not sure if it was the restart of the vehicle or clearing the code (or both), but you may need to get a diagnostic tool to clear the code (or look in the manual to see if you can do it from the dash display), if that's part of the required solution (clearing the code).

Red dragon

Established Member
Anyone ever have this code gone up before?
It went away after a bit. Modes could be used again. Trying to think if I was driving it hard. Not any harder then any other time. I'll bring it in to get looked at. Let you know what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread