HID/Fog questions

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey I have an 11 GT500 and want to upgrade the HIDs to make it bright as well as the frogs to make them brighter and same color. I was think morimotos for the fogs they are super bright and have the color I want. The thing I’m wondering is for the headlights I have heard do use a 55w kit so I was thinking a 35w anyone have any good experience with any? Don’t really want to do a whole headlight setup just something brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
you can put a 55 watt kit in it but that doesn't mean you just throw a 55 watt bulb in there. 55 watt requires either a dual or quad ballast. no big deal but its not just a bulb swap.

there is no headlight setup that is brighter then what u already have as far as ur bulb goes. its 4300k from the factory which is the brightest u can get.

4300k is closest to sunlight therefore the brightest. going hotter (meaning 5000k or 6000k) over 4300k only causes you to lose lumens not gain them.

55 watt would gain you some output but it can be terribly bright to oncoming traffic which includes cops coming at you. I wouldn't recommend the 55 watt kit. they get freakn HOT! your $2500 factory HID setup is designed for a 35 watt. I wudnt screw with that.

the fogs can be upgrades to HID but again I would chose 4300k for them as well to match ur headlights. I'm sure they have a plug-n-play kit for ur car.

I wudnt f-k with ur headlights, there bright as hell in factory form. I do see that some should adjust theirs up slightly to give more distance. some I see are pointed to far down. I adjusted mine and they were factory.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
maybe I just need some new bulbs and to adjust the height of the bulbs. Anyone swap out for any good bulbs you could recommend?

GN thanks for the info

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would recommend getting a set of PIAA's that replace ur factory ones. Im not so sure they will look any better tho. usually the ones from the factory are pretty good quality.

but I considered doing the same and replacing my HID bulbs with a set of PIAA's to see if there is any improvement. I'm betting there probably is but yea defiantly check ur light height. moving it up just slightly can improve ur vision quite a bit.

merkyworks

Established Member
I replaced my factory fogs with a set of LED ones and they throw more light and march the factory HID headlight color. Got them on a group buy from www.bullseyeretros.com
If you do a search there is a great write up on these fog lights.

Users who are viewing this thread