Highest et gt500 with 700+whp?

Joewee500

Established Member
20l5zd.jpg

My first pass ever in the car. Track was a little slick and I assumed my suspension could handle a 3k launch, nope. There's more left in it with seat time and other tweaks.

Joewee500

Established Member
Mickey Thompson SS. 305/40/18. I definitely didn't heat them up enough. Just a rolling burnout. Nerves I guess. I think there's a 140 trap in her with better launch and shifting.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
jesus christ a 2.4. Youll trap higher and e/t a HELL of a lot quicker once you 60'. launching a high hp stick isnt easy. Keep practicing. If after a while you cant 60, pay someone to set up your suspension and/or teach you to launch better.

For example i rowed my truck to an 11.1 @ 124. That didnt happen in one trip or pass.

Joewee500

Established Member
jesus christ a 2.4. Youll trap higher and e/t a HELL of a lot quicker once you 60'. launching a high hp stick isnt easy. Keep practicing. If after a while you cant 60, pay someone to set up your suspension and/or teach you to launch better.

For example i rowed my truck to an 11.1 @ 124. That didnt happen in one trip or pass.

Thanks for chiming in. The track was slick. I hook better on the street. I should have at least babied it out of the hole. I agree, if I can't do better launching then I will have to let someone else make a pass or two to save my cars dignity.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
with your trap speed you should be running close to a second quicker in the 1/8th, I used to run that 7.90 in my 89GT with 20mph less speed. A badass speed shift driver with an aggressive launch & a 60 in the 1.5 range could run 10 teens with your combo.

Joewee500

Established Member
with your trap speed you should be running close to a second quicker in the 1/8th, I used to run that 7.90 in my 89GT with 20mph less speed. A badass speed shift driver with an aggressive launch & a 60 in the 1.5 range could run 10 teens with your combo.

Thanks for that. I know the car has the power for deep 10s. I have 2 videos, different angles, that show how terrible the launch was. It almost sounds like the clutch slips shifting to 2nd. I had a decent 2-3,3-4 shift at 6k. Yeah the shift rpm could be higher but I was being easy on it the first pass.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Holy 60' must have been hanging the hoops a foot off the ground! Got great mph though

adrian3019

Established Member
Not sure on my rwhp, but I ran a 7.9x at 98mph last Friday. My 60ft was an impressive 2.1, lol. The track prep was bad, and I don't know about you guys but my 07 gt500 seems to be in the garage all the time and when I do take it out, I don't get traction on 1-3 gear, so I'm definitely in need of practice, I actually beat cars in 4th gear from 60mph roll! I have 4.10 gears though, tvs gent 1, and the usual supporting mods.

Joewee500

Established Member
Trap speed isn't inflated. If anything it's lower than other cars with similar mods. The video shows the short shift and bog in 2nd gear. Almost sounds like the clutch was slipping but who knows. Tracks closed but when it opens up again I am shooting for a 140 trap.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
The trap speed is probably inflated with the 2.4 60' time. His 1320' turned into 1520'.

There is ongoing debate on how the lack of traction out of the hole can cause a higher than normal trap. Some people agree with the theory, some believe it still reflects what the car is capable of. I remember when I had my best trap of 136mph, I had a 2.0 60. Since then, I have been able to drop that to a 1.6 60 and my trap has not been anywhere close to the 136mph since. But I ran a quicker ET than I did when I ran the 136mph.

I do agree with you though, once the OP begins to drop those 60s, the MPH will as well.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
my combo is better than 136. That's the first and only pass the car made. Here are two angles of the pass. 6k rpm shifts except the 1-2.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You picked up 30+ mph on the back half of the track indicating good shifting and the lack of traction out of the hole.

your mph will go down with a better hook.

you really need a 2 step.. total game changer for stick cars.

Users who are viewing this thread