HO Fibertrends Group Purchase on hoods...

Almo

Established Member
People interested:

TRBO VNM (Jason) - 99-04 2.5 Cowl Hood + added material for redline shocks (PAID)
8URZ-28 (Shaun) - 99-04 2.5 Cowl Hood + added material for redline shocks (PAID)
Tidoh (Tim) - 99-04 2.5 Cowl Hood + added material for redline shocks (PAID)
Almo (Allen) - 99-04 2.5 Cowl Hood + added material for redline shocks (PAID)
Greg (Greg) - 99-04 2.5 Cobra R Hood + added material for redline shocks (PAID)
Vic (Victor) - 94-98 2.5 Cowl Hood (PAID)

http://hofibertrends.com/

5 or more hoods offered will cost a mere $339 each, this included shipping charges.

Fibertrends (thanks for JR for pointing them out) has offered us a discount on their hoods. The below quote I received is based off 5 hoods.

In short… hoods are $299 + shipping for a GP. For 5 hoods, they sent me a shipping price of $194… shipped to the Northern Virginia area. Total price for each hood works out to be $339 each. Please note, price they list on their website it $369 boxed + shipping so for 5 hoods, we would actually get them shipped for less than what they list on their website.

Personally, this is a great price and I thought I would try and organize another GP seeing how the VIS hoods were pretty expensive and out of the price range of most right now. Also, if by chance… if 5 orders can be done further North, they can be shipped to your areas minimizing the drive time for pick up.

1999-2004 Mustang Hoods
http://hofibertrends.com/99042 parts page.htm

(2.5” Cowl Hood)
99032.jpg

(4” Cowl Hood)
990443.jpg

(Cobra R Hood)
9903r%20top.jpg

http://hofibertrends.com/99040 page.htm (Regular skin Hood, cheaper than price listed above.)

1994-1998 Mustang Hoods
http://hofibertrends.com/9498 parts page.htm

(1.5” Cowl Hood)
b%20shepard%20cobra%20r%2095.jpg

(2.5” Cowl Hood)
94982b.jpg

(3.5” Cowl Hood)
ron%20cox1.jpg

(Cobra Hood)
9498c%20top.jpg

Other year hoods are also offered… if interested, please see below link.
http://hofibertrends.com/mustang parts.htm

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

put me down as a strong tentative. depending on when this happens I can do it. but a lot sooner than the CF.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Jim at Fibertrends is a real nice guy, too. My hood got here when he said it would. I got the 2 1/2 inch cowl. It's at the ford dealer now as I type this. Dropped it off yesterday. I have not fitted it yet, but will report back when I get it. From my research, peeps are happy with the direct fit and no wind distortion from being less than 1/2 the weight of the stocker.

I'd suggest getting a quote on painting it. Ford will charge the same amount of hours for the underside as the top.

I'm having mine painted and cleared underneath too. The clearcoat will help in cleanup of belt dust and so on.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
I'd suggest getting a quote on painting it. Ford will charge the same amount of hours for the underside as the top.

I'm having mine painted and cleared underneath too. The clearcoat will help in cleanup of belt dust and so on.

If ya don't mind me asking, how much are they charging for paint/clear on both sides??

Almo

Established Member
Jason,

3 weeks would be perfect for me as well. I also know where there is a 5th. Most likely 2 or 3 more by then with this price and the weight.

Matthew and Shaun, you guys good with this time frame?

TRBO VNM

Allen,

something I thought about tonight, can the hood shocks be mounted to these hoods? from the pic on their site it appears we probably can since it is a similar strctural design.

oh yeah, I would do 2.5" cowl hood 99-04

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Good question, I also have a new set of redline's here that would go in it. I'll call them today and find out...

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
The hood CAN have the hood struts installed. You MUST tell Jim you want to do this, though. They have to add additional fiberglass in the mounting area. To keep weight down, the material in that area is thin. You will need to measure the area distance from the end of the hood that the mounting bracket gets riveted, then provide the info. to Fibertrends and they will take care of the rest.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Rick James said:
If ya don't mind me asking, how much are they charging for paint/clear on both sides??

Scott,

Mine is covered under warranty from my stock hood, but a retail price is $ 572.00 for top and bottom painted and cleared.

Tell Donkey Tuna Denice can't wait to see both of you guys at the first MD track rental. She told me y'all are shootin' for the 10's.:D :D

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
Scott,

Mine is covered under warranty from my stock hood, but a retail price is $ 572.00 for top and bottom painted and cleared.

Tell Donkey Tuna Denice can't wait to see both of you guys at the first MD track rental. She told me y'all are shootin' for the 10's.:D :D

Haha, only way I'm shootin for 10's is if I am drivin HER car (or yours :D ). Donkey Tuna has yet to make it out of the 14's!! :nonono:

As far as these hoods go, can anyone tell me what the weight difference is between the CF 03/04 replica and the stocker?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I've heard the CF hood is 9 lbs lighter than stocker. The Fibertrends fiberglass cowl, is 25 lbs lighter.

Well,hopefully both of you can make the first rental at MD. She can't wait.

Almo

Established Member
I thought I posted this here... oops.

Big Dave weighed a stock 03/04 Cobra hood just the other day and it weighed in at 38 lbs. I had called VIS to ask how much their hoods weigh and they said 33 lbs. HO Fibertrends hood weighs 21 lbs.

So quite a bit of saving when going with a HO hood over the stocker and CF one.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
The hood CAN have the hood struts installed. You MUST tell Jim you want to do this, though. They have to add additional fiberglass in the mounting area. To keep weight down, the material in that area is thin. You will need to measure the area distance from the end of the hood that the mounting bracket gets riveted, then provide the info. to Fibertrends and they will take care of the rest.

Right on the money so I took some pictures of the MRT hood shocks. Think I will be selling my Redlines and picking up MRT's set so I don't have to drill holes or have HO to add material to the hood.

Here are a couple pictures.

mrt.jpg

mrt1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread