Horsepower limit on the manuals

toby

I'm looking at buying a PPcar. What is the TYPICAL hp & tq limits of the tranny? Btw in the test drives there hasn't been any of the issues of whine or notchy-poor shifting. I'm new to these vs my 03 Cobras I've owned. Just trying to gain knowledge! Thanks!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Depends on the type of driving you will do...roll racing you should be fine pushing it into the 700's but I think track use would be much much less...I've owned 5 cars with the MT82 and never had one issue with the trans....ironically I owned a 14 Shelby as well and blew the trans...lol.

whatsup62

Established Member
Depends on the type of driving you will do...roll racing you should be fine pushing it into the 700's but I think track use would be much much less...I've owned 5 cars with the MT82 and never had one issue with the trans....ironically I owned a 14 Shelby as well and blew the trans...lol.

So I pretty much exclusively roll race, the RXT I am running is very hard on the transmission especially power shifting.

toby

Yea basically roll ons maybe from a dig on the street occasionally. Maybe a drag strip 1 or 2 times just to see what the mph is. Good info ! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Zemedici

Established Member
Girls car has been making close to 700whp for 20,000 miles now. Transmission is fine. Depends on how you drive, and IF you can drive. :) I beat on her car like a red-headed stepchild.

whatsup62

Established Member
Broke #2... third gear again...if you have a RXT you will break it. Otherwise driving habits factor in. I swapped in a TR6060.

Users who are viewing this thread