Houston Area Meets

brandonflood123

Established Member
I was turning East on West Park Tollway from 99 on the Sunday before Memorial Day, and noticed a line of about 10 s197's (mostly 5.0's) turning west on West Park Tollway, from coming south on 99. Anyone participate in whatever that was? I didn't see anything on West Side Mustangs about a cruise. Maybe a car show out in old Katy or something?

that was most likely Stangs Of Houston

frodaddyweez

Established Member
also doesn't help that that person in the Hyundai genisis tried showing off and wrecked into the trees.

Yeah my roommate has a white gencoupe like that guy did and is too embarassed to go back in his car anytime soon. Pretty much the whole gencoupe group disowned him too. Dumbass had his little brother in his car with him and it was raining outside.

brandonflood123

Established Member
Yeah my roommate has a white gencoupe like that guy did and is too embarassed to go back in his car anytime soon. Pretty much the whole gencoupe group disowned him too. Dumbass had his little brother in his car with him and it was raining outside.

its a shame. other people are embarrassed to go out to a car enthusiast gathering because a person acted foolish and wrecked

xtc4us

Established Member
Houston Performance Driving hosts a few monthly events.

- Performance Car Meet at Twin Peaks in The Woodlands. VIP parking, private area for +300 folks. Photo shoots with Twin Peaks girls. June 22nd @ 1pm. (every month)

- Night Meet, Dyno, and High End Photo Shoot @ Serious HP. (changes location every month) June 28th @ 7pm.

If you Facebook. Join the Group and Fan pages to keep up to date. The location of the Night Meet changes every month.

chao5.0

Established Member

I think everyone disowned that Hyundai genesis driver when he pulled that crap in the rain.

i haven't been to a meet in a while because of idiots like those that show up at C&C, instead I've been going to K1 on 290 and just having fun riding those karts.

frodaddyweez

Established Member
I think everyone disowned that Hyundai genesis driver when he pulled that crap in the rain.

i haven't been to a meet in a while because of idiots like those that show up at C&C, instead I've been going to K1 on 290 and just having fun riding those karts.

Yeah I've been to K1 before and that place is awesome. A couple friends and I were going weekly but then they dialed our karts back for some reason the last couple of times. We weren't being reckless or anything. When we asked them about it, they said that we probably hadn't been there in awhile and just forgot how to drive the track.

Tried track 21 for the first time last weekend and it was pretty cool. Gas powered so they can't dial you back lol. They have a pretty big ass track layout too.

chao5.0

Established Member
you have to watch which kart they stick you in at K1, I know #12 is the fastest kart they have there and that is the one they usually stick me in because I'm considered one of the faster drivers that goes there.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Tell me about Coffee and Cars. It's coming up this Saturday, right? I've heard you need to get there about 06:30 if you want to park in the Ford section. Are there signs for each section?

bFoxGt500

Established Member
6:30 is probably a good time. I've been maybe three times. There is usually a line of mustangs and Shelby's. The NOrthside clud usually has a bunch of cones out but they'll let you in. The last time I went was about 4 months ago or so and I can't remember if they still had all the reserved spots but if you get there at 6:30, I don;t think you have any problem getting in with the right group.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend.

6:30 is probably a good time. I've been maybe three times. There is usually a line of mustangs and Shelby's. The NOrthside clud usually has a bunch of cones out but they'll let you in. The last time I went was about 4 months ago or so and I can't remember if they still had all the reserved spots but if you get there at 6:30, I don;t think you have any problem getting in with the right group.

chao5.0

Established Member
I'm going to try and make it to C&C Saturday but I'll be parking in the back, I usually stay out of the way with my car since it has a few marks on it from DD.

frodaddyweez

Established Member
Ill be there hopefully by 6am. I'm gonna try and wash it on Friday if the rain doesn't happen too late in the day.

clean92lx

Established Member
I'm gonna try and make it out there too. First time going, getting there by 6:30 good enough to get a good spot?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Yeah 6:30 is a good time to get there if you want to park with the mustangs, I usually roll in around 0730 and park near one of the side streets. Gonna try to drag the wife out there this weekend, although I don't hold high hopes for it since we live 1 mile from the Kemah meet and she almost never goes haha.

jbice03

Established Member
Damn I thought it was at 6:30PM. What time is it supposed to be over? Guess thats why they call it cars and coffee Haha.

Last edited:

frodaddyweez

Established Member
Haha yeah I'm usually gone by 9am. By then the sun has already warmed up and I'm sunburned from yesterday.

Just a few photos. My dad came with me for the first time and has a lot more on his camera I'll get later

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404578245.537493.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404578255.232333.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404578263.189572.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread