How hard are you on your Terminator?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
These cars are designed to handle some spirited driving. Driving a car hard isn't beating on it.

Pulling out of your driveway on a cold motor and putting the pedal to the metal is beating on it. (Always get the oil up to temp, first.) No-lift shifting is beating on it.

Running it up through the gears a few times each drive isn't beating on it. Hell, burnouts aren't even beating on it.

Exactly how I see it too.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Not very hard on mine at all. I dont get it out much but sometimes I'll peg the boost gauge at 8lbs on a highway roll to clean the exhaust out, lol.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Yeah you guys are definitely more like me, I almost feel bad beating on her all the time. Since the TVS has been done I have made 2 WOT pulls from 40 to 100

Just to play devil's advocate.....what's the point of adding a TVS and 200 HP if you aren't ever going to use it? You're cobra made great power before hand and was driven HARD by Ray.

Don't get me wrong, I side with you on how I treat my car....but I am also one of the last in my group to not upgrade the eaton. I often find myself asking the question of "why bother" if I am never really going to use it. I'll never win the bragging rights game where I live.......

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I guess it depends on your definition of hard. I rarely drive my Cobra's/Roush. I may put 300 to 500 miles a year on them and that's a big maybe.

However, when I do drive them I drive them as a sports car. I hammer the gas as if I'm driving through the QTR mile. I pop the clutch to spin the tires and I occasionally drift through some corners all in the name of FUN.

But, I also keep the maintenance up and I keep them clean and cared for.

So, I do drive very spiritedly when I do drive them, but I do not drive them often.

golfer11689

Established Member
I don't do burnouts, but when I take mine out I lay into it once it's warmed up. You really can't help but hear that whine! I also get the people that pull out from the left lane and wave me by just so they can hear it as well haha.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Usually put about 1000 miles on a year, the car only goes out when it's sunny. And it's wiped down every time it gets put away.
Regular checks are done as well. But it does see boost every time it's out, just a ported eaton isn't putting strain on that motor.

However, on track days I can be pretty mean to it. Burnouts and sometimes power shifting, along with a good shot of spray. But good fuel is added c16 and the plugs are checked changed and thrown away after each pass.

I don't consider this really beating on it though, put to it's intended use.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Just to play devil's advocate.....what's the point of adding a TVS and 200 HP if you aren't ever going to use it? You're cobra made great power before hand and was driven HARD by Ray.

Don't get me wrong, I side with you on how I treat my car....but I am also one of the last in my group to not upgrade the eaton. I often find myself asking the question of "why bother" if I am never really going to use it. I'll never win the bragging rights game where I live.......

I knew the day I bought the cobra it was getting a blower swap, that was going to happen no matter what. I guess a part of me did it for bragging rights lol. But I just enjoy modding my cars. It's nice knowing I have 600hp on tap whenever I want it, and I wanted a 600hp cobra. My 13 GT500 was over 800whp and I babied that thing all the time.

Brandon Adams

Established Member
Maybe its just because I'm 22 but I drive my car as a daily (for now) and it sees boost every time she's out. Compared to everyone else I would say I drive my car hard, I put close to 10K miles on her in 8 months and never have had a single issue due to the fact I'm anal about keeping up with maintenance but everything wears out eventually. Gotta pay to play in the end.

oldmodman

Established Member
Very gentle compared to how I drive my other cars.
Almost all my driving is done in and around Los Angeles in heavy traffic. So almost no throttle inputs are needed to keep up with traffic in the Cobra.
But when driving the Explorer or the Toyota it's foot to the floor all the time just to keep up with the Priuses.
And when I am driving an RV (diesel) with a car being towed I am really slow.

badmpg03

Established Member
I'm pretty hard on mine
It's my second cobra. I make several WOT pulls when cruising and love spinning the tires in second.
but I've got good parts on it to take a beating....and it's on E85. I Still avoid 5th gear pulls, and the car is not my daily driver :)

04Cobra03

Established Member
I'm very easy on mine. I do get on it for fun but not abusive. I dont drive it a lot either. On the other hand, my eaton bullitt gets run hard like crazy so I feel justified. I can take it all out on the bullitt and keep the cobra nice. I'd be the same if I had a TVS on my cobra. I would baby it and get on it once in a while and like you said, be happy to know I have 600 under there

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I had friends ask me the same thing. They would say "you never race anyone, why you need all that power?". Because I'm a motor head and I like modding my cars I tell them. I like hp even if I don't use it all the time. A bolt on cobra feels pretty slow lol.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I had friends ask me the same thing. They would say "you never race anyone, why you need all that power?". Because I'm a motor head and I like modding my cars I tell them. I like hp even if I don't use it all the time. A bolt on cobra feels pretty slow lol.
Exactly

speedoflife

Established Member
Eh, I drive mine like a Prius...

But in all seriousness, I maintain and modify this car so that I can drive it as it was intended to be driven. I don't go into boost every time I drive, but I do enjoy her capabilities when the circumstances allow it. Most of the time, I'm below 2500 rpm honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread