How many owners are still here in 2017?

Saleen-AL

Established Member
I'll go first...

Just purchased a 2k mile 00 R from the original owner who I have known since high school. I fully intend to prepare her for track duty in the spring. So far I have procured a set of spare R wheels and new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires since I will be keeping but not using the now 17 year stock rubber.

On my mod short list to prepare are a differential cooler and beefed up front splitter. Perhaps a beefier oil cooler mid season.

I'm located in Chicago so I've already signed up for Gingerman and Autobahn events.

If you're still here then I would love to hear miles, mods, and what your plans are for 2017!

Looking forward to chatting with you guys,

Al

Scott Cherry

Established Member
I'll go first...

Just purchased a 2k mile 00 R from the original owner who I have known since high school. I fully intend to prepare her for track duty in the spring. So far I have procured a set of spare R wheels and new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires since I will be keeping but not using the now 17 year stock rubber.

On my mod short list to prepare are a differential cooler and beefed up front splitter. Perhaps a beefier oil cooler mid season.

I'm located in Chicago so I've already signed up for Gingerman and Autobahn events.

If you're still here then I would love to hear miles, mods, and what your plans are for 2017!

Al

Pretty cool plans. I may take my on track from time to time. Mine had 4K miles. It feels like it will be a great track car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I am JEALOUS! The 00R is BEAST and I'd love to hit the track with mine (but won't). I bought mine last Fall. It currently has 850 miles on it and all original - no mods. It comes out of the cave once in a great while for a little exercise.

I am late to the 00R game, but a long-time Mustang nut. The red-finned one is my most prized toy.

Saleen-AL

Established Member
I am JEALOUS! The 00R is BEAST and I'd love to hit the track with mine (but won't). I bought mine last Fall. It currently has 850 miles on it and all original - no mods. It comes out of the cave once in a great while for a little exercise.

I am late to the 00R game, but a long-time Mustang nut. The red-finned one is my most prized toy.

Also a long time mustang fan. Started with 5.0 foxes in high school and have had a serious car addiction ever since.

I learned a lesson last year. I bought a 900 mile 2001 Viper ACR and putting miles on it pained me because i didn't want it to lose half of it's collector value by putting a few k miles on it. So I sold it and promised myself no more delivery miles (sub 1k cars). This one has 2k. I think it's better that it's not delivery miles so I can just drive it without reservation.

I guess you should think about what yours would be worth and buy a car with a few miles for maybe $15-20k less. I guess it depends what that spread is. If it's less then maybe it's worth just driving it and enjoying it while you're still alive. Who cares if you lose $10k or something especially if you never plan to sell it anyways.

From my data, the average American household loses $5-$10k per daily driver car they own so why not live a little in your dream car for a fraction of that.

Right?!

Al

Last edited:

svtguy

Established Member
I'll go first...

Al

Which Autobahn events?
I will be at the June 5th and August 7th MVP track time full circuit events with my modified 00R.

Paul.

Saleen-AL

Established Member
Which Autobahn events?
I will be at the June 5th and August 7th MVP track time full circuit events with my modified 00R.

Paul.

I'm doing Gridlife on July 1st/2nd at autobahn. Trying to book more though... I'll look into MVP as I would love to meetup and compare notes.

Al

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Got mine in 2001 with 1500 miles, bone stock.

Now has 43,000 miles, 6 point roll bar, harnesses, diff cooler, and a factory radio and CD player which I added since I drive it so much.

Car has been to track events at Gingerman, Summit Point, VIR, Nashville, Lime Rock, and Watkins Glen.

The car has also been driven all over the northeast to car shows and cruise nights, many times to Fords at Carlisle, and has been 3 times up to Montreal for the Montreal Mustang Club's big annual all Ford show st Sanair Dragway where it's won first and best of show.

This by far is one of the most fun, most reliable mustangs I've ever owned, and look forward to many many more years of ownership to come.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

Now has 43,000 miles, 6 point roll bar, harnesses, diff cooler, and a factory radio and CD player which I added since I drive it so much.

Car has been to track events at Gingerman, Summit Point, VIR, Nashville, Lime Rock, and Watkins Glen.

The car has also been driven all over the northeast to car shows and cruise nights, many times to Fords at Carlisle, and has been 3 times up to Montreal for the Montreal Mustang Club's big annual all Ford show st Sanair Dragway where it's won first and best of show.

This by far is one of the most fun, most reliable mustangs I've ever owned, and look forward to many many more years of ownership to come.

You are my hero! I almost wish I had a second one with much higher mileage to play with.

04Saleen281

Established Member
00-253 here. Bought it from original owner in PA in 2013. Had about 5k miles on it. I've only changed the radiator on mine. Currently has 21k miles. I've driven it to Mustang Week in SC for 3 years running. Pretty hot with no A/C, but it's worth it.

Saleen-AL

Established Member

That's a fantastic run so far. Which dif cooler are you running? Are you running the factory radiator and oil cooler?

00-253 here. Bought it from original owner in PA in 2013. Had about 5k miles on it. I've only changed the radiator on mine. Currently has 21k miles. I've driven it to Mustang Week in SC for 3 years running. Pretty hot with no A/C, but it's worth it.

Cool! Which radiator did you go with?

Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out tonight.

flattrack53

Established Member
I bought mine in 2009 with 600 miles and now it has 4100 miles. Virtually bone stock other than a cat-back... I just enjoy casual cruises.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Yes, factory radiator and oil cooler.

The diff cooler is the kit that Bruce offered years ago, and I had a local shop install it.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
We have a 95 and 00, they have 4K and 2k. Don't drive either that much. Both are stock, with the exception of an h pipe on the 95, and Bassini on the 00. I wouldn't track either. Have a dedicated race car for track fun.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I am finishing up a 3 year work tour in China and will be coming back around 8/1 and will be a lot more active after that!

I have a 93R that is a fully modified race car. Has been raced in NASA, SCCA and AV8SS with pretty good success (main issues that keep it from the front are driver related!). I also have 2 95R's, one ex-IMSA race car and one other that is a track/street car.

I enjoy driving all my cars and aren't concerned about miles as much as I am about smiles!

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I've got a 95R with just a hair over a thousand miles on it. It's got a Bassani off-road Xpipe and Bassani Catback on it. I just changed the plugs, wires, rotor and stored the originals. I plan to also replace the air intake rubber connectors with silicone since the original was getting a bit soft.

I'm headed to an HPDE next weekend at NCCAR. Hopefully I can go to at least 3 HPDE's this year including a few car shows.

comprepsvo

Established Member
I bought my 2000 R back in 2004, had 2600 miles on it and I became the second owner. Love driving it, as I bought the off road exhaust and put it on, now I smile even more. Just recently, I bought a 1993 R driver. It has 38K miles on it and is in amazing shape. Both are enjoyed by driving, but I have to admit, I sit and admire them in the garage, they both are awesome cars!

04Saleen281

Established Member
I was hoping to one day own the highest mileage 00R in existence, but I can see now that I'm going to have a lot of competition (mine currently has 21k)!

Users who are viewing this thread