• 5001 - 6000

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Over 6000

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcbGT500

Established Member
I'll try to post an update on the numbers for everyone around Thurs/Fri of next week. The 3,725 won't change, but I can give an up to the date number that have been produced thus far. On 7/17 we were up to 1,431. So I am guessing around 1,600 by end of next week.

Based on the 8/1 numbers the total count has already moved to: 3896. At the current pace, and assuming production ends in March 2013, the total production would be: 4276. Looking forward to seeing the revised numbers.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
It seems if you take out 07 and 08 it was always around 4k

yeap, remember 07 and early 08 economy was still booming, there was a larger market for that type of car hence the ability to capitalize...move to later years and you make less of them, making them more in demand, less supply all the while knowing not as many buyers and Ford doesnt lose money by building too many and saturating the market....simple economics

drmustang

Banned
yeap, remember 07 and early 08 economy was still booming, there was a larger market for that type of car hence the ability to capitalize...move to later years and you make less of them, making them more in demand, less supply all the while knowing not as many buyers and Ford doesnt lose money by building too many and saturating the market....simple economics

A friend of mine bought an '08 for 38K and change with invoice and rebate pricing. The sticker on many of the 2013s is $30,000 more. That is a huge difference and substantially decreases the # of capable buyers in a saturated market.

Snoopy49

Established Member
A friend of mine bought an '08 for 38K and change with invoice and rebate pricing. The sticker on many of the 2013s is $30,000 more. That is a huge difference and substantially decreases the # of capable buyers in a saturated market.

What saturated market?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Except that the 2008 GT500 and the 2013 GT500 are very different cars.

I've owned both.

The same reason someone trades an 08 Taurus for a 13 Taurus. They want the newest car with the latest toys and options.

While they have the same model destination (GT500) they are very different cars.

Stinger99

Established Member
I heard that they will be making less the 6,000 more then 5,000. guy would not tell me exact amount.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Most of the small number of people interested and capable of purchasing a Mustang in this price range allready have one.

Yet there are more buyer's with cars on order and potential buyers than available cars. Hardly a saturated market.
Your argument would be valid if all the cars built from 2007-2013 were exactly the same with no changes, but that is not the case. Your argument only holds up if you meant that everyone that wanted a specific year model already had one, with the exception of the 2013MY.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Yet there are more buyer's with cars on order and potential buyers than available cars. Hardly a saturated market.
Your argument would be valid if all the cars built from 2007-2013 were exactly the same with no changes, but that is not the case. Your argument only holds up if you meant the everyone that wanted a specific year model already had one, with the exception of the 2013MY.

:beer:

drmustang

Banned
Except that the 2008 GT500 and the 2013 GT500 are very different cars.

I've owned both.

The same reason someone trades an 08 Taurus for a 13 Taurus. They want the newest car with the latest toys and options.

While they have the same model destination (GT500) they are very different cars.

I've owned an '08 also. Hoping to own a '13 or '14. Driving a stock '08 and then a TVS retrofitted '08 with some suspension tweaks in the same day was shocking. The TVS outfitted 500 was crazy fast. 2 totally different animals. Neither of the '08s had the transmission/clutch issue.

drmustang

Banned
Your argument would be valid if all the cars built from 2007-2013 were exactly the same with no changes, but that is not the case. Your argument only holds up if you meant that everyone that wanted a specific year model already had one, with the exception of the 2013MY.

Just go on Ebay. Plenty of 2013, GT500s on there looking for a home.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Just go on Ebay. Plenty of 2013, GT500s on there looking for a home.

That's true only if you are willing to take what they have to offer rather than what you want.
I don't know about you, but if I am going to spend $65,000+ of my hard earned money on a Mustang, I damn well better get what I want.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
That's true only if you are willing to take what they have to offer rather than what you want.
I don't know about you, but if I am going to spend $65,000+ of my hard earned money on a Mustang, I damn well better get what I want.

True- and unfortunately most of the dealers on EBay are looking for over sticker

Snoopy49

Established Member
I guess I'm not that particular. Dark blue and black are my favorites but the car looks great in any trim I've seen so far.

Good for you, so there is nothing to stop you from going out and buying any one of the cars you are able to find.
Be sure to post pictures of the car when you get it and be sure to post the price you had to pay.

drmustang

Banned
Good for you, so there is nothing to stop you from going out and buying any one of the cars you are able to find.
Be sure to post pictures of the car when you get it and be sure to post the price you had to pay.

Precisely what I intend to do when prices have calmed down. Paying the full sticker price for a new car is something that I have never done nor do I intend to. I will pay a price that I am comfortable with and will never put myself in a position where I feel that I "have" to pay a certain price. Thanks for your interest. Will be sure to post pics and the price.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
True- and unfortunately most of the dealers on EBay are looking for over sticker

Yea and they can sit and rot with them, because no one will pay these prices they are asking, unless a individual has more money than brains. Down to only 8 on Ebay currently.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yea and they can sit and rot with them, because no one will pay these prices they are asking, unless a individual has more money than brains. Down to only 8 on Ebay currently.

Alot of Shelby museums across the country!

sandlizard

Established Member
Agree alot of these cars are sitting , the dealer i ordered my 13 shelby from
has an 08 KR still sitting on the show room .

Users who are viewing this thread