HOW TO CHANGE BLOWER OIL???

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Anyone know how to change the blower oil?

What type of oil to use?

Would not using Synthetic oil be better in the blower? Cooler temps and longer lasting under extreme temps and RPM!

Dont think I saw anything in the manual.

How to get a Ford Manual for the 03 Cobra?

:eek:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Granted I don't own a 03 Snake, but from my experience (I used to have an 89 Supercoupe), the oil is selfcontained in the supercharger and is a synthetic already. I bout a bottle of s/c fluid for mine years ago, and it was $15 IIRC for a small bottle. You shouldn't need to change it for a long time.

This should be the same, seeing how the SC, Lightning, and 03 Snake use the 'same' blower

also under the 'snout' on the TBird SC was where you put the fluid in/checked it. There is a plug looking thing there.....maybe its the same as yours.

Last edited:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
The problem is that I have no idea what kind of oil is in there. Nor what weight. Is this a standard 1 years service type thing?

Would like to know more about it. Would feel more comfortable if it did IN FACT have sythetic oil from factory. Prolly change it every 2 years or 24K anyway. Maybe every year if easy.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
Anyone know how to change the blower oil?

What type of oil to use?

Would not using Synthetic oil be better in the blower? Cooler temps and longer lasting under extreme temps and RPM!

Dont think I saw anything in the manual.

How to get a Ford Manual for the 03 Cobra?

:eek:

Fast03Cobra, I posted this procedure before, but will help to attempt to explain this to all again! First of all the Eaton Superchargers use a Synthetic Oil, made especially for the different models that they manufacturer, but all use the same Supercharger Oil , when installed on all Foreign or Domestic applications.

You first need to get a "Turkey Baster" and about a 6 inch piece of vacuum hose and attach it to the "Turkey Baster" before trying to remove the Supercharger Oil from the "Snout Housing" only! Remove the Access Plug from the front of the "Snout Housing", then once you have removed the Supercharger Oil, you can then purchase new Supercharger Oil, to refill the unit.

Most Ford dealerships, we have found out , that they do not stock this for customers to come in off the street to purchase. You can buy the 4 oz. Bottles from any Pontiac or Buick dealership, under part number 12345982 and it takes 2 - 4 oz. bottles to refill the Snout Housing. The cost of these 4 oz. bottles will usually run between $6 to $8 a bottle.

From the What It's Worth Department here, with running Boost Levels higher than the factory recommended supercharger pulleys produce, it is a good preventative measure to change your Supercharger Oil at least once a year, as the Viscosity of this Synthetic substance still has a tendency to breakdown over time, meaning higher temperatures generated with running boost levels 5 to 7 lbs. over stock configuration and causing the Supercharger to run hotter than normal.

Example: My car produces 14 lbs, or better on the street with Ambient temperatures between 90 to 105 during the summer months and with running these boost numbers, the Supercharger Oil will breakdown twice as fast, with my car producing 14 lbs. So, as good rule of thumb here is take 15 minutes of your time and about $12 to $20 for the Supercharger Oil and change it once a year , for good preventative maintenance. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Thanks. I will look into that. Still running stock boost. But how long will that last?

;)

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
Thanks. I will look into that. Still running stock boost. But how long will that last?

;)

Fast03Cobra, I would still change the Supercharger Oil once a year, regardless to whether or not, you decide to change to a smaller Supercharger Pulley. It is cheap preventive maintenance on your part. Hope this helps.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I found this thread in the Terminator FAQ. Sorry to bring it up from the dead, but I need to know if there is a gasket between the snout and the rotor pack? I will be pulling my snout and rotor pack out and not sure if I need to pick up a gasket or some sealant. Thanks!

ObieFox

Established Member
No there is no gasket. You will need Loctite Gasket eliminator (red tube) when you re-assemble the snout onto the unit. This sealer is only used between the snout and the bearing holder plate mating surface. There are 3 pieces to the front of an eaton. The snout, the bearing holder plate and the rest of the case where the rotors live. The bearing holder plate did not appear to have anything sealing it to the case. You need this type of sealer, because it will cure without the presence of air.

Take care,
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread