How to guide (rear valence gap TSB)

ANGREY

Established Member
Can someone who's gone through the process give insights into the best way/approach to submit the car for the TSB concerning snugging up the rear valence gap?

Do you simply visit the service department and point out the gap? Give them the TSB number?

My car is still under warranty.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
What's the TSB number? This is the first I've heard of it. You just take the car to the dealership and ask them to take care of the TSB. Just make sure to take a copy of it with you because they're going to act like they have no idea what you're talking about. (In rare cases, they don't, though.)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Thanks. I'll print a copy and take it to my dealer at some point.

ANGREY

Established Member
I called the largest Ford dealer here. It's not a recall, so it doesn't exactly work the same. The first step is getting the dealership to acknowledge that the gap in the panel is excessive and needs addressing. That's where the TSB comes in to play with a specified/published method for service departments to correct/fix the issue. My car only has 16k miles on it and the gap is not as tight as I'd like, but not as severe as some others I've seen. I have a feeling that over time it's inevitable that it will droop and worsen, so I'm coming up on the expiration of my warranty early next year. There's an evil part of me that's considering helping the process along, just to get them to admit and fix it, knowing that a deficient design is bound to result in separating panels.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My service guy has already acknowledged the gap. He thought I had hit something. LOL

Cobra-O

Established Member
1.7 hours is the part that worries me. I'd try to find someone who has done it before and not let mine be the guinea pig.

There is a DIY on mustang6g that doesn't look that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread