How to install a coyote in a fox body with working air conditioning....

skipnay

Established Member
Wanted to see how hard this swap is to do. Who all has done it? I seen a few coyote swaps down here at mustang week so far. Basicly its come down to either buy a 2011 up mustang and put a turbo on it or do a foxbody swap with a turbo. As of right now I have a good rolling fox body notch..... It's been waiting for a heart transplant...

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Another beast in the works with possible cold AC will be cool to see who has done this no doubt!

Mnstr50

Established Member
The coyote swap into a notch is going to cost "almost" as much as purchasing a used 2011 at this point. The 11' will be a far superior car, with better brakes, better suspension geometry, better ergonomics. However, I've owned SEVERAL notchbackes, and they just have a special place in my heart. The current swap package from FRPP (for the engine and engine computer) is nice, but it cannot control an automatic (if that's the direction you want to go). A few aftermarket vendors also had some issues early on with the software, but I'm not entirely sure if those have been resolved.

I would just want the rest of the car to match the driveline at that point, and possibly end up doing a full restoration.

With that said, a few vendors already offer a belt-drive kit to use the modular 2V or 4V sn95 and new edge drive components on the coyote.

The swap is not so much "hard" as it is expensive. At least for now (with the popularity of the coyote engine and the parts to do the swap).

SVTORANGE

Established Member
The coyote swap into a notch is going to cost "almost" as much as purchasing a used 2011 at this point. The 11' will be a far superior car, with better brakes, better suspension geometry, better ergonomics. However, I've owned SEVERAL notchbackes, and they just have a special place in my heart. The current swap package from FRPP (for the engine and engine computer) is nice, but it cannot control an automatic (if that's the direction you want to go). A few aftermarket vendors also had some issues early on with the software, but I'm not entirely sure if those have been resolved.

I would just want the rest of the car to match the driveline at that point, and possibly end up doing a full restoration.

With that said, a few vendors already offer a belt-drive kit to use the modular 2V or 4V sn95 and new edge drive components on the coyote.

The swap is not so much "hard" as it is expensive. At least for now (with the popularity of the coyote engine and the parts to do the swap).

Very expensive indeed - it would be great to get a one stop shopping package deal.

But like you said it will be expensive.

SinisterMustang

Established Member
If we were to put together and offer a Coyote swap kit, what all would you like to see included in the kit? The more details and feedback we get, the better the kit will turn out!

Last edited:

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i did the coyote swap in my 93. you might have seen it down at mustang week, it was the only calypso green swap car i saw there at least. the swap is not that bad to do. i took mine from a running 4cyl car to a coyote,T56 built 8.8 car with power steering, power brakes and AC. PBH makes a great bracket kit to use all stock 99-04 accessories and lines. keeping the ac is as simple as welding the ends from a 99 evaporator on your fox evaporator and installing a 99 condenser up front. i used all factory lines and rewired the system from the dash harness all the way to the compressor and fans on the condenser

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i got a 900 mile truck engine for $3500 and a complete T56 setup for $2k. i had another $400 in intake cams, FRPP exhaust cams and a new front cover and oil filter adapter. $1300 control pack, the little stuff adds up fast. i have around 13-17k in mine but that was swapping from a 4cyl car and doing fuel system, built rear, full suspension etc all at the same time

20140518_163246_zpsjxlcgryv.jpg

Last edited:

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
rewired the system from the dash harness all the way to the compressor and fans on the condenser

More specific info here would be helpful if you have the time. "Rewired" - I have no idea what that means! :D Which wires, from where to where? What exactly did you have to do? Any pics? Thanks.

stretchb

Established Member
i did the coyote swap in my 93. you might have seen it down at mustang week, it was the only calypso green swap car i saw there at least. the swap is not that bad to do. i took mine from a running 4cyl car to a coyote,T56 built 8.8 car with power steering, power brakes and AC. PBH makes a great bracket kit to use all stock 99-04 accessories and lines. keeping the ac is as simple as welding the ends from a 99 evaporator on your fox evaporator and installing a 99 condenser up front. i used all factory lines and rewired the system from the dash harness all the way to the compressor and fans on the condenser
what compressor did u use ?

yurg

Established Member
Im working on putting ac in an older coyote swap and have it working with the contol pack relays if anyone is interested i have some pics and the info. Just need one pin which i salvaged from gm fuse box and three wires running from the pdb. The pin is added so you have connection to the compressor output and wired out to its + and the other two wires are for the binary switch safety which controls the internal negative of the ac relay. Other connection is for the switch to activate the system which is a 12v signal to the positive side of the internal relay which is already wired and a blunt lead on the harness (violet) which also turns the fans on

lx5.4

Established Member
Old subject brought back up, but what yr evaporator and heat exchanger is everyone using in their air boxes to have heat/ad in their cars?

Users who are viewing this thread